13

Murphy had quickly gone back to Cassandra's room as Warren was telling us about how she thinks she won't be making it. He said he was going to say goodbye just in case. I can tell it was about something else, but i'm not quite sure yet what he did. I walk next to him. "Murphy be honest, what did you do?" I ask him, as quiet as possible so the others don't hear. "What do you mean, nothing" He nonchalantly replies. I raise my brow at him. "I know you did something, i won't tell them" I continue. He just looks at me. "Just made sure she wasn't going to die on us" he says. Oh lord. "You bit her??" I gasp, but still silent. "Sssshh! Maybe i did, what about it? She was going to die" he explains. "Well yeah but do you even know what this will cause exactly?" "It can't be much worse than death can it". This man. 
Anyway, we finally get to another lab room that looks interesting enough. 

In the middle of the room, lies a torso with a head, nothing else. But that's not just it, no, that 'body' is still alive. It looks worse than a zombie, can't even tell who it is in a thousand years. Man or woman, we couldn't know. It's moving it's fingers over the keyboard of a computer, and Murphy quickly catches on saying he wants us to watch something on there.
It's the same guy from the video earlier with Merch, it's a video how he turned into... well whatever he is now. They tried to give him some sort of what they thought was a vaccine, but it turned him zombie, kind of, but it won't let him die either. Poor guy. Suddenly, he tries to speak. He said 'kill me'. I understand, i don't think anyone would want to live like that, obviously. 
"We're getting the hell out of here" Murphy then says. Right when he does, Citizen Z appears on the screen. "You've got company, looks like Doctor Merch and 2 soldiers" He says. What a timing. Seconds later they walk in, in a full body suit, we can't even recognise them. 
The person takes it's cap off, and it's not Merch, but a man. "Doctor Merch didn't make it. I'm her boss, Doctor Kurtz. I'm here to help you save mankind." Hmm. Him and Murphy have a little chat, as we just stand there listening. 

While they're talking, Murphy makes clear he actually doesn't want to come with them. He doesn't believe what that man is saying. Which again i completely understand, who even is this guy? Then, i take a glance at the computer again. I see Citizen Z, holding up a paper 'Kill the Doctor!!!!". Oh my god. I nudge 10k's shoulder and he looks at the screen too, then back at me, both scared. Just then, someone comes through the door. It's Cassandra, with a huge bite mark on her cheek. He really couldn't even make it subtle? "She's a zombie, mercy her" The 'Doctor' says. "I'm not dead" she simply replies, breathing heavily. I see 10k looking at her in shock. 
"Kill him" Murphy then says, and she grabs the soldier, aiming his gun through the room as we all get down. When he gets the chance, Murphy runs out of here, leaving us all. The Doctor gets up, and shoots. Right into Doc's shoulder. "Doc!" I scream, running up to him when Merch also runs outside. We all gather around him. Warren starts giving him cpr as i just slide down against the wall. This really can't be. Murphy gone, Doc dying?! I can't. 10k squads down next to me and gives me a hug. "Let me" i softly say. I can't have him now either. It's too much. He lets go and backs off, squatting down next to Doc now. 

Finally, Doc shoots up again. Thank god. Just then, the dead soldiers turn into zombies and come for us. But, Cassandra jumps on them, giving us enough time to make a run for it. 
We finally get outside. On the floor, we found whole Murphy's skin, just shedded off. Another amazing thing to add to our day. And even better, the van is gone. Murphy really took the fucking van. So, we take the other van that's luckely parked, probably from that other dude. 10k and i carry Doc inside, before looking at the sky. You're joking. A fucking bomb is going to drop on this shit. We quickly get in and drive off. 

As the missile has come to the ground, we had just reached a tunnel. Wind blows against the car and objects fly against it as well, when then, the car flips over. From then, i remember nothing. 

Next thing i know, 10k is heavily shaking me. I grunt as i slowly move my body. Great, we're upside down. "Sarah thank god, come on get out of there" he sighs in relief, pulling me out of the wreck and hugging me. I look around and luckely see Warren and Doc also standing next to me. Well, at least we're alive right.