The Past Can Form Monsters

*Natasha's PoV*

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I MET ADAM GONTIER! MY BIGGEST IDOL! Neil and him were even cooler in person than they seem in interviews!

The drummer walked up to me.

"Hey, who were they?" he asked.

"They were from Three Days Grace!" I shouted happily.

"Who's that?" he asked.

I nearly exploded from that question. "ONLY THE BEST BAND EVER!"

"Oh... I've never heard of them... but they seem cool," he said.

"They are. That was Adam, the lead singer, and Neil, the drummer and back-up singer," I said matter of factly.

"Someday I want to be a famous drummer," he said. "By the way my name's Kevin."

"I want to be a singer or guitar player but I don't know about being famous. I'm Natasha but most people call me Tosh."

"Cool. Will you be around the park other nights as well?" he asked.

"Totally," I responded.

"Awesome we should play together again sometime," he said.

"That sounds rad. Well I've gotta go. G'night!" I shouted starting to walk off.

"Night!" he shouted.

I walked over to the bush and started counting my money. I got $31. I could eat out tonight! I walked over to a fast food place. I decided to try poutine. That's fries covered in gravy and cheese. It tasted amazing even to an American like me who had never eaten it before. I ate half and was already full. I swear I have a stomach the size of a chipmunk's. Oh well, it saves money. 

I headed back behind the bushes and trees but instead of an empty space I saw Kevin. He looked at me and went straight for lips trying to kiss me.

"BACK OFF!" I shouted pushing him back. He punched me in the gut and went back to kissing me. I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I tried to kick and fight back but he was way stronger than a shrimp like me. He punched me till I thought I couldn't breathe. I gasped and nearly threw up the poutine. He pushed me down to the ground. I felt my spine hit the hard ground and I tried to scream but I couldn't. My chest hurt so bad that I was sure a rib was broken.

He landed on top of me and forced me to stay down. Tears streamed down my cheeks but I tried to stop crying. Crying shows weakness. That made me think of my dad. What he used to do to me, what I had to go through without a word. Suddenly I grew angry. This kid was trying to do the same and I wasn't going to let it happen to me again. I mustered all my strength and kneed him in the stomach. He was shocked by the blow and released his hold on me so that I could push him down to the ground.

"I told you to back off," I said. "But you were just too stubborn." A creepy smile appeared on my face. Why did I enjoy this? I punched as hard as I could down on his chest and neck. He yelped and tried to move but I just kept punching him. My hand was covered in his blood. That's when I realized what I was doing. He was bleeding and I just kept hitting him. What was wrong with me? I'm a monster... I'm a fucking monster! How could I do this?! Why couldn't I have run or just gotten help?! God dammit now he's bleeding in front of me and I don't know what to do. I feel horrible. Why did I do this to him? Why'd I get so upset?

I buried my face in my arms and cried. I hated crying. It's not right. I feel weak and puny to cry but I had to let it out. Then I grabbed my stuff and left. I ran away heading to the park. My entire body hurt as I moved. My legs were so bruised and my knees just wanted to collapse. The back hurt every time my backpack hit it as I ran. My chest was in agonizing pain. I bit my lip and kept running. I got to a tree and I slid down next to its trunk. I couldn't move. I finally fell asleep.

*Neil's PoV*

I can't sleep. It sucks. I stared at the ceiling thinking about the group I'd seen earlier. It was awesome to meet a fan like that and she's pretty talented. Her parents must be proud; she brought in a lot of money last night. I decided to go for a walk. Being bored isn't fun and a walk would let me relax.

I walked out and went down the block a ways. I wandered around the neighborhood and suddenly I saw a lump. I ran up to see what or who it was. I saw the drummer from the group laying there bleeding. His eyes fluttered open and he started to get up. He seemed alright but he was covered in cuts and bruises.

"Who did this to you?" I asked.

"That bitch from the park!" he yelled.

"The singer girl?!" I said in shock. She couldn't possibly have done this. He was beaten up pretty bad and here he was telling me that skinny little singer girl did this to him? I couldn't believe it.

He stood up.

"You better stay away from her," he said. "She's a monster."

He walked away, slightly limping.

I went back to the house. I needed to think about what I just heard. That girl... she wouldn't have done that... right?