The Hospital (part two)

*Natasha’s PoV*

I had the strangest dream that night. I was the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. Basically I appeared in this weird place. There were trees and plants everywhere; huge multicolored flowers, trees with weird shaped fruits that I’ve never seen before and the weirdest part, some of them seemed to stare at me. I walked on looking all around, observing my surroundings. Suddenly a tree branch seemed to reach down. It looked like a bridge of twisted twigs and dead leaves. I climbed up on it. It wrapped around to the highest part of the tree. From there I saw what looked like a village made of black cement and bricks. It was awfully ugly and right above it was a large swirling cloud of black. I stared towards it, trying to learn its secrets when suddenly the tree branch under me disappeared. I was falling and falling down and down yet I never met the ground. I was stuck falling for eternity. I saw someone who looked like the mad hatter come up and stare at me. Then he let out a goofy laugh. I screamed to him to help me until finally I felt someone’s hand pull me out of the trees endless grasp. I looked at my rescuer but he was simply Kevin the guy who got me in all this mess. I tried to run but couldn’t. My only options were to go with him or continually fall. I nearly walked to Kevin when suddenly a hand pulled me hard and I was on the other side of the tree away from Kevin. It was the mad hatter who had pulled me out although it wasn’t the mad hatter. I couldn’t see him correctly through the tree the first time but now I noticed it was actually Adam, just wearing a hat. Then everything went black and I woke up.

I looked over to the couch. Adam was asleep but it looked bright outside. Jesus Christ what time is it?! I turned to the clock. It was nearly 12 pm. Shit only two hours till surgery! I sat up and looked around. Adam rolled over. He looks adorable when he sleeps! I heard the door open and saw a doctor walk in.

“Ah, you’re awake,” he said. He held up his clip board and studied it. “Alright, well you’re going to surgery in about 2 hours, in one hour we’ll get you knocked out and when you wake up the surgery will hopefully be over. It should be finished around 4 or 5. As for now I recommend that you have a fruit or something for breakfast but you can’t drink anything.”

“I’m fine without breakfast…” I said shakily.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Uhm yeah…”

“Well we’ll be in in about half an hour so be ready.” Then he walked out of the room and I sat there practically shaking. I was NOT ready for surgery or two weeks in this prison.

I saw Adam start to get up. He stood up and rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

“Hey Tosh” he yawned. “Did I miss anything?”

“Yeah doctor just told me they were gonna get me soon… God I’m not ready for this!” I shouted. I don’t like the idea of letting them open me up! I felt trapped.

Adam came over and hugged me. “You’ll be okay, really.” I looked up at him I could feel my eyes get teary. “Come on you can trust me!” He smiled and I ended up smiling too.

“Thanks,” I said as I hugged him. I couldn’t help it, he was the first ever person to care about me.