I Hate Rugrats

*Natasha's PoV*

Running...That's all I could do. The wind turning my hair into a craze and making it nearly impossible to breathe. The faces of all the people around us blurred but I wasn't running away. I practically jumped into Adam's arms.

He wrapped his arms around me and we just stayed there, not saying a word, just letting everything sink in. I shut my eyes and just hugged him. Even after the hug we refrained from talking. We just kind of stared at each other. I could tell how awkward Jimmy felt when he walked up to us cautiously.

"Hey, Brad says everything's all packed up and ready to go..." Jimmy said, looking even more like an awkward turtle than me.

We headed over to their van and all hopped in. The tension was heavier then Dumbo on an all carb diet. It didn't only make Adam and I silent but everyone else too. The only thing you could hear was super cheeky k-pop music being played by Paul, the roadie, who was driving.

Paul dropped everyone else off before taking the merch back to his place and as Adam and I hopped off and headed towards the door, my mind was racing. As soon as we get inside that door it's just us and we're gonna have to talk eventually. I felt like bolting and running as far away as I possibly could but I knew that'd just make me feel worse.

I stopped at the door for what felt like forever before forcing myself through. I sighed. 'No more running' I thought to myself as I closed the door behind myself.

I looked up and saw Adam leaning against the kitchen counter staring at me.

"I don't know what truly happened and I don't know if you'll ever forgive me...but-"

I interrupted him. "It's okay, honestly. I'm okay and I know you weren't in your right mind at the time..."

"God damn I missed you. I'm so sorry for what happened...Are you sure you're alright? I-I saw blood on the floor when I woke up that morning..."

"I-I'm fine...Just bruises and shit." I wanted to get off this topic so badly, I wanted to just return to the way things were before this happened.

"...Did I say anything?" he asked.

"No," I lied. "You didn't say anything..." I didn't know how much he remembered but I didn't want to make him feel any worse by telling him the truth.

He was silent for a bit but then he headed towards me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry...really I am..."

I hugged him back. "It's okay..."

"I know what I had done was way more jacked up...but I really wish you hadn't ran away..."

I couldn't even make eye contact. "I'm sorry... I just didn't know what else to do..."

"It's okay,'' he said, and then he smiled. "It's nearly 1 am...Wanna go watch some cartoons?"

I smiled. "Sure. Want some froot loops?"

"Sure."

He hopped onto the couch and I skipped off to the kitchen to grab some cereal; happy as hell for the change of topic.

I handed him the bowl of cereal and grabbed mine. We watched CatDog, Ren and Stimpy, Hey Arnold, and Doug until 3 in the morning when Rugrats came on.

"Ugh I can't stand Rugrats," I said turning off the TV.

"Good, I was hoping you weren't gonna make me watch it," he laughed. "So...what do you wanna talk about till the episode's done?"

"Hmm..."

We both thought for a bit and naturally my brain instantly jumped to all the bad shit. 'No, shut up brain,' I thought. 'I don't wanna be a downer.' But it came out anyway...