Afraid of High School

*Adam’s PoV*

I woke up and looked over at my clock. It was 9:30 am. That’s way too early. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I stumbled out of my room and saw Tosh still asleep. Mabel was fast asleep on her bean bag.

I smiled and went downstairs to the kitchen and made some coffee. I need something to wake me up. I searched the fridge and found some bacon and I started heating it up. Tosh finally woke up and came downstairs and plopped down on one of the chairs.

“First things first,” I said. “You’re gonna eat breakfast.” I set a plate of bacon next to her.

“But I never eat breakfast…” she said.

“Well now you are. Come on its just bacon,” I said.

“Wait what? This is not bacon! This is ham!” she said, surprised.

I gave her a weird look and then remembered. “Oh yeah you’re American! Well this is Canadian bacon so it’s even better than the stuff Americans eat.”

She looked at me a bit odd but then started eating it. Well, that’s a start to getting her to eat.

“Thanks,” she said when she finished.

“Of course,” I said and she took off up the stairs.

I let Mabel out and cleaned up all the dishes. I should probably get dressed too. I walked upstairs and went into my room. I got out of the pajama pants and got in jeans and a t shirt. My hair was crazy but I got it wet and made it stay down. When I came out I saw Tosh in the same clothes as yesterday.

“Oh shit…” I whispered when I remembered I hadn’t taken her clothes shopping. “Uhm, hey. We should probably go shopping huh?” I asked her.

She nodded. “Yeah I think so.”

I got her to hop in my car and we drove off to the mall. I plugged in my iPod and surprisingly she loved every single song. At the mall we went around. She’s not picky. Every store we went to she had no idea what she wanted.

Finally we went to Hot Topic. Rock and metal was blasting and she seemed to like it. She walked in and I could see her eyes light up looking at everything there. Tosh looked at everything in the store constantly naming things but every time she’d say she didn’t need it.

“Omg look at this jacket! It’s Pikachu!” she shouted excitedly.

“Do you want it?” I asked but she suddenly got a little awkward.

“Oh, uhm..n-no I’m okay,” she kept saying. She turned everything down but I went through and got her everything she loved. She had the biggest goofy smile in the universe.

We went to the food court. I got some food but she just got a soda.