The Hospital

*Adam’s PoV*

I should’ve gotten to her sooner. This is all my fault. I should’ve asked her if she was okay or at least have gotten to her sooner! God damn it…

“Don’t beat yourself up, this isn’t your fault,” Neil said as if he had read my mind.

“But I should’ve found her sooner!” I shouted.

“No! Dude it’s not your fault! Imagine what would’ve happened if you had never found her!” he yelled back.

I guess he’s right. There wasn’t much I could do…

“Don’t beat yourself up…” Brad said while patting my back.

After about an hour a nurse came out and let us into the room Tosh was in. She looked horrified. Her eyes were wide and she was shaking. “What’s wrong?” Barry asked her.

“I’m hate of hospitals. They’re gross, filled with germs, and I don’t trust doctors!” she said. Then she added, “No offense.” to the nurse.

Neil kind of giggled. “It’s okay girl, you can trust em.” She smiled slightly.

“How is she, doc?” I asked the nurse.

“Well she has 2 broken ribs but besides that just bruises,” she said. “We can do surgery soon and get the ribs fixed, then we’ll have to check her head to make sure she hasn’t gotten anything like a messed up nerve or concussion. She should be able to leave in two weeks and she should be all better between a month or two if nothing goes wrong.”

“Okay, thank you,” I said.

“Will you fill out some paperwork please?” the nurse asked.

“Alright.” I followed her to a desk to get the papers and a pen and headed back into her room. I looked at the questions. I knew none of this. “Natasha, what’s your last name?”

“I don’t have one.”

“But you have a family, right?”

She looked awkward. “No…” she answered. My heart sunk.

“How long have you been on your own?” Barry asked.

“Uhm… since I was about 8 or 9 years old…” she said.

“And how old are you now?” I asked, fearing the answer. I can’t imagine what it’d be like to have no family.

“14 years-old,” she replied.

“You’re 14 and living on your own?!” Barry burst out, clearly in shock.