New Beginnings

*Natasha’s PoV*

I don’t know why I’m running or why I’m crying. I don’t get it. Why is my brain doing this? Adam’s eyes were normal again. They were that soft blue that makes it seem like everything will be okay but I just can’t go back. I can’t keep costing him so much money.

I kept running trying to calm my mind. I continually looked back to make sure he wasn’t there. I knew he wasn’t and yet paranoia kept creeping up on me. When I left I saw Neil grab him to keep him from following. I don’t know why but I’m glad he did. I looked back one last night to make sure he wasn’t there when I ran right into what felt like a wall made of bones and rock. The blow knocked me back and I heard a familiar voice.

“Holy crap man you ok- Tosh!”

I looked up and saw another pair of familiar blue eyes. Jimmy, with his crazy goofy smile, was standing there totally unaffected by me running into him; either I have no muscle or he’s made of cement.

“What the hell do you eat? Bricks?” I asked him jokingly.

He laughed and sent his hand down. I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

“I used to eat bricks but apparently it’s not “healthy.” Who would’ve guessed?”

I laughed and he smiled.

“What are you doing out here?” he asked.

“Well I could ask you the same,” I responded.

“Hey I’m just out for a walk,” he said.

“It’s a two mile walk from the park we met at to this one.”

“Okay so maybe I’ve been wandering for the past two hours, you can’t blame a guy for being bored.”

I looked at him. “What’s on your mind? What’s eating you?”

“Nothing,” he responded not looking at me.

“Hey you better tell me or I’ll turn this into a movie. It’s not What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, its What’s Eating Jimmy Sullivan, but I’ll still have Johnny Depp playing your role.”

“Why him?”

“Cuz his hair is amazing.”

“What you don’t like mine?” He shook his crazily spiked hair in my face.

“Yours is absolutely fabulous and I’m only saying that so you’ll stop showing it in my face. But really, what’s eating you up?”

He sat down in the grass and I sat next to him.

“I don’t know… It’s like all the traffic lights in my brain went mad and all the thoughts just got jumbled up or something. I just needed to relax and the cold helps me with that.” He stared up at the sky. There weren’t any stars, the business and street lights made sure of that. Then he looked back over at me.