On My Own Again

*Natasha's PoV*

I headed from Adam's place over to the library where Ms. Parker works. I camped out outside on the sidewalk till morning when it opens. The whole night I had nightmares about Adam's eyes. The hatred was so unlike him, it was like my dad's eyes. I woke up startled again from my nightmares to find Ms. Parker staring at me.

"Tosh!" she yelled happily and pulled me into a hug. "I haven't seen you in so long!"

I bit my lip from the pain of the hug and just hugged her back. "Hey Ms. Parker," I said.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "Are you okay? Where's Adam?"

I flinched at the name. "Something came up," I said kind of awkwardly.

"Really? Like what?" she asked.

"Oh nothing important," I lied. "I just need to see if I can find a new place to camp out for a bit."

She gave me a weird look but didn't ask any questions. She opened the library and like normal no one was there. She made me some hot chocolate.

"So, tell me Tosh," she started, "Are you at all sad about leaving all that?"

I thought about it. "Nah, I like the fresh air, the travelling, and performing. " I wasn't fully lying. I like the outdoors and the freedom. I don't like getting attached to people.

"You're a weird kid, Tosh," she told me, smiling.

I drank some of the hot cocoa and hot damn was that stuff good. I went over to her map of Toronto and started searching for a place I hadn't been to before. I found an area that wasn't too rich or too poor. It was a street that circled around a park in the suburbs.

I was preparing to leave when Ms. Parker came over.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" she asked.

"I'll be fine," I reassured her.

"For heaven's sake Tosh, just go back to Adam's! Look outside! It's snowing! You'll freeze out there alone," she said. Her voice level sounded angry but looking into her eyes showed just how worried she was.

"I can't go back to Adam's but..." I thought up a lie, "I have somewhere else I can stay. It's with a friend. I'll be just fine, okay?"

She looked defeated. "Okay."

I grabbed my bag and board and said goodbye. I'm off to start all over again.

*Adam's PoV*

I don't know exactly what happened but it was bad it had to be; why else would she leave? Why else would there be blood on the floor?

I can't stop pacing, I don't know what's going on and I have a horrible headache no matter how many painkillers I take or coffee I drink. I can't focus. It feels like my hearts going to just pound its way right out of my chest holy shit what's wrong with me? Fuck. What did I do?! Where the hell is she? God dammit what happened!

I picked up the phone and called Neil.

I heard a groggy voice on the other side. "Hello?" Neil said slowly.

"Neil! I need help!" I yelled into the phone.

"Ow," I heard him moan. "Could you talk quieter? Jesus."

"Dude! Tosh isn't anywhere to be found and I think something happened last night but I don't know what!"

"Last night we got smashed bro. Tosh probably went somewhere else so she wouldn't have to deal with your drunk ass," he laughed. "Calm down, she's probably hanging with Jimmy. Now go back to sleep," he slurred and hung up.