viii.

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

Already Gone ~ Nick Alexandr
__________

They cannot sleep unless they have done wrong; they are robbed of sleep unless they have made someone stumble.

This verse could probably explain the insomnia I have been experiencing for the past few days. Everything was getting crazy by the minute, and what made me even crazier was that I hadn't seen Iris for almost a week.

She hadn't been attending any lessons, and I no longer saw her in the school gardens like I always used to.

At around ten am, she usually loved sitting by the fountain with her two friends, Ellen and Eliza, but she was nowhere to be seen the whole week. She usually sat by the window in the cafeteria too, but I never saw her there either.

After much speculation, I came to the conclusion that I had to look for her myself. I was a man, there was a solution to any problem. I had resources, and that was evident when I entered the gate to her dorm.

I needed help, serious help.

Iris really knew how to drive a man insane. Particularly a priest. I craved resipiscence, but my desire for her was greater.

My steps were calm and subtle, I didn't want to be perceived. It was eight pm and the girls were having dinner. I had already searched for her in the dining hall, and I only spotted Ellen and Eliza.

She couldn't be anywhere else, right?

But considering I hadn't explored half of the school, it wasn't really good to make such an assumption. But it was worth a try.

Dorm 33.

My eyes scanned all the numbers until I finally got to the door with a golden engraving of double three, and I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves.

To be honest, I had no fucking idea of what I was trying to do. Maybe I should go back to my house and start my prayer session. It was way overdue anyway.

But nothing is wrong with coming to see her. You simply want to say hie, there's no harm in that, right?

There's a lot of harm when you're obsessive, but that's besides the point.

My hand gently enclosed on the handle, and I prayed that it wasn't locked. And thank The Heavens, it wasn't locked. I was entering the Devil's Lair, and I was supposed to turn around when I had the chance.

You can make this right, Father Reid. You can choose God, you can choose eternal life, you can be the good person you used to be

But as her sweet caramel mocha scent entwined my senses, I was lured into the dimly lit house. It was very fancy and so... feminine. I didn't want to get out.