xx.

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

No one truly understood how smitten and obsessed with Iris I was.

It was getting very dangerous, but I couldn't do anything to restrain myself. I was in too deep and no one could help me out. Only I could do that, but frustratingly enough, I didn't want to.

I slowly walked round her bed, watching her sleep like a hawk watching its prey. She didn't even know I was here, but I couldn't fall asleep. The only way to solve my problem was to come here and make sure my angel was safe and peaceful.

She was my safe space, the demons and evil spirits that constantly battled me stayed far away as possible whenever I was with her.

I smiled widely when she snored a little, shifting then returning to her sleep. The sheets clung perfectly to her body and her one of her breasts spilled out of her nightie. God, she always knew how to push my buttons. The wrong ones at that.

I gazed at the dark sky, wondering when the Sun was going to rise. It was a half past three and I didn't have any plans of leaving. I was starting to think I was a fiercely insane man; Iris was so oblivious to it all and I was grateful for that.

Sometimes, I just worked with my heart. Actually, I've been following my emotions since I met her and the danger that came with it was terrifying.

I was very impulsive; I never bothered to evaluate the pros and cons, but went straight ahead with my decision, fully relying on my instincts.

I placed my palms against the bed, my deep grey orbs studying her with pure interest. I found so much pleasure in watching her do the little things, especially sleeping.

Iris slept as though there was no tomorrow. She never slept as though the world wasn't going crazy out there and peril wasn't lurking nearby. In her dreams, I was certain that there were rainbows, candy floss, and me of course.

I was her Knight in shining armour.

"I wish I could give you everything baby," I whispered quietly, pushing a few tendrils of hair out of her face.

"My pretty girl," I bit my lip, lifting the top part of her nightie to cover her nipple before I did something I'd regret. It wasn't her fault, I was the problem. Why couldn't I give her space? Why was I constantly basking in her presence, even at the most inauspicious times of the night?

"Hm, Reid?" She whispered, inhaling slightly and I smiled. So much for showering and applying my scent.

"Yes baby, it's me." I sighed when she fought her eyes open to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Are you okay? What are you doing here? What time is it?" She tried to get up but I stopped her.

"Shh, don't worry about it. Get your beauty sleep baby, don't mind me." I spoke softly and her body evidently relaxed when she laid back on the bed.