xxiii

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

Detach ~ Nick Alexandr

After our little weekend get-away, life resumed as normal at school when we arrived early dawn on Monday.

Iris and I saw each other here and there, but it was not enough. Not after having her all to myself for three whole days. Luckily enough, on Thursday, a mid-term break was declared before they went on a trip to the North Pole.

Of course, I was coming along.

I had no limits to my capabilities. I was currently parked in front of Iris' house, wondering what explanation I was going to give her parents if they were present.

We were supposed to go out. My dad had invited me to dinner and I thought it to be the perfect time to introduce her to my family. It was crazy how much I wanted to incorporate her into my life. She was my life now.

I walked out, adjusting my sleeve as I walked across the neatly trimmed lawn. It was similar to a very pretty and cosy villa, with trees and flowers all around and a two-storey modern house painted with a pastel colour scheme.

I took a small pebble and aimed it at Iris' window. Within minutes, she had opened it, curiously looking down and she giggled when she saw me waving.

"Hey Daddy, you're here," she whisper-yelled as I chuckled.

"Of course. Come down, baby," I beckoned her and she squealed, closing the window as I smiled to myself.

In no time at all, she was out of the front door, outstretching her arms to embrace me. I accepted it, kissing her forehead gently and inhaling her briefly. Her scent was just one of my addictions about her.

"You look gorgeous," I whispered, admiring the white flowy gown that she had picked out. It hugged her hourglass figure, accentuating every perfect curve of hers and this time, her long, dark hair was wavy.

Iris was wearing some matching block heels that allowed her painted toes to poke out aesthetically, and I slowly licked my lips. She looked like a rare queen, my queen. Her beauty was so rare, I'd never encountered anyone so fascinating.

"Thank you Reid. I wanted to make sure I looked good for your family dinner," she tilted her head. She seemed to have lash extensions along with her breathtaking makeup and I loved everything about it.

Iris really was good at makeup. She looked just like the first time I saw her but even better. Her evolution never ceased to amaze me.

"Well you look perfect. Come on, I want to meet your parents and let them know you're with me." I held her hand as she tilted her head high up to meet my gaze.

"I'm scared, what if they don't think you're good for me? What if they don't like you? I'd be devastated—"

"Don't worry about it baby, it'll be okay. I'm a man, I can handle these matters."