xxxiii

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

♔✙ 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐃 ✙♔

"No, no I'm not surprised," Caspian shook his head, "do you remember when you were holding Rylan and I said that I saw something so crazy? It was the resemblance between you two. He looked exactly like you, he even has long hair man."

"Why didn't you mention it?"

"Then what? It wasn't my place to interfere, and I could be wrong for all I care," he took a sip of his wine, giving some sweets to my niece, Rina.

It was Christmas Eve, and the entire Valdivieso family was gathered at the house for the celebrations. The invites had been sent out a week ago and people had started arriving as soon as they received the emails.

A year ago, I had gotten Yves Nicholson's company to renovate the entire mansion and add two more storeys to the three-storey. It was ranked the best in the world, therefore, I couldn't have it any other way. It didn't take as much time, but we stayed in the other mansion while that happened.

It was mainly made of glass, bricks, marble, granite and many other sophisticated minerals. It had come out so well and I honestly thought it had been worth it to spend hundreds of millions on the project.

"Whatever. What's done is done. I'll be having Rylan from New Year going forward," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"How do you expect her to live without her son?"

"Same way she thought I could live without him," I shot back, apathy rolling through my veins as I thought about the fact that she kept such a crucial thing from me. It had been two weeks since our encounter and these past few weeks weee spent wrapping my head around the fact that I was a father.

"Maybe you need to hear why she couldn't tell you. She may have not had a choice," he tried to reason but I shool my head.

"That's bullshit, Cas. You know it is," I tapped my finger on the counter.

"Reid, your packages have been delivered safely. I made sure the room was secured before I left," Rosalie walked towards us in her pyjamas, tying her wet hair into a bun.

"Good work. We'll deal with everything after New Year," I waved my hand.

"What's up? It's Christmas Eve, why do you look depressed?" She tilted her head curiously, sitting on the stool beside me after Caspian excused himself.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired, I spent the day deciding on my next car collection for the brand new year," I threaded a hand through my long hair.

"Wow. So you took your private jet all the way to Lorenzo's dealership? You're focused man," she nudged my shoulder and I smirked.

"You know that I love my cars," I smiled with a helpless shrug.

"Mommy, Uncle Reid, I got you some ice-cream," Raelyn, Rosalie's daughter held up two bowls and we both cooed.