Chapter-2

Daggers. I felt daggers pricking me on my left side but I chose to ignore the person who was attacking me with his eyes.

When I woke up today, I received a message saying that I need to be present for some Choi Family Dinner which took place every month in one of the many luxury restaurants. Extravagant halls, thousands of servants, a piece of steak that costs millions, and wine fountains. Rich people stuff you see.
These places aren't anything new to me. Besides, the hotel we are currently dining at belongs to my best friend's boyfriend's dad. I've been here a couple of times before.

"I heard about the new position from Mr. Jung." Mr. Choi, who was sitting right in front of me took a sip of his white wine. "I'm happy for you."

I smiled in response, knowing well enough that this man doesn't care about me or my job. He is just initiating conversation for the sake of passing time.

By my left sat Choi Yeonjun, my husband. I know he isn't a fan of our close proximity and is literally trying to kill me with his looks. Sorry hubby, I don't care aboit your discomfort because guess what? I hate it too!

Fifteen minutes later, three figures were escorted to the vip room where we were already sitting.

A woman who I recognize very well along with two men, or shall I say one boy and an overgrown baby who looked aloof, walked to our table.

"Evening" Yeonjun's mom smiled at us and sat down on the right of her husband who gave her a nod and continued drinking his wine.

The two boys sat down as well, one sitting beside her and the other next to Mr. Choi.

"Let me introduce my sons to you." Mr. Choi began. "This is San, he is Yeonjun's twin." He pointed at the boy dressed in all white who was already smiling at me. Of course that smile. How can I forget.

"And this is Jongho." The boy next to him looked at me with big doe eyes when his dad mentioned him, but soon looked away. "He is my youngest."

I smiled at them both, muttering greetings. Mrs. Choi called out to a waiter and ordered two bottles of Champagne.

"How are you dear?" Mrs. Choi clinked her glass with mine and smiled.

"All good" I replied. This lady reminds me of my mom. Intimidating.

"Are you liking staying with Yeonjun? Does he trouble you?"

Yeonjun sighed. "Mom" he gave her a look but she ignored him.

"No" I said. "He takes good care of me" I said through gritted teeth. No he doesn't I wish I could say this but there is no point. Nobody cares.

After the food had arrived, silence engulfed our table. Scrapping of cutlery against silverware and occasional popping of alcohol bottles echoed in the room. I caught San looking directly at me a couple times but I shrugged it off. Must be my imagination.

"Yeonjun. San" Mr.Choi put down his fork and addressed his both sons who immediately stopped eating. "We will be leaving in five minutes. I want you both to accompany me tonight to sign the deal."

"Yes, father" Yeonjun replied, stoic as ever.

"As you say, dad" San said, eyeing the leftover chocolate pudding that stood in front of him, looking as delicious as ever.

"You wanna come too Jongho?" Mr. Choi asked his youngest and for a second I saw his eyes full of excitement, his voice cheery.

"No, thank you" Jongho shook his head and went back to eating his parfate.

Mr. Choi nodded, his eyes back to the same cold expression.

"Very well then" he got up. His sons following suit. "Today was fun" he said and left, giving his wife one last nod.

"It was nice meeting you again" San whispered when he neared me and shot me a smile.

I looked at him and was about to say something when Yeonjun tapped me on my shoulder. "We need to talk."

"About what?" I asked, confused.

"Tomorrow" he mumbled and slipped on his coat.

I rolled my eyes at him. He really annoys me.

I watched the three men exit and the second the door shut behind them, Mrs. Choi let out a breath.

"Finally" she breathed. "Now I can talk to my dear son-in-law freely"

She was beaming at me which made me smile a little as well.

"Soo" she inched forwards, "how's your married life?"

I wanted to laugh because she looked like a curious cat but manners come first.
I nodded at her. "Going okay"

"Come one, give me the details" she looked at Jongho who was too busy looking towards the skyline, and turned her head back at me. "It will stay between us."

"Everything is okay. I like my room and" it's okay wooyoung, just say it. "Yeonjun takes care of me" that's a big lie.

"Wait, your room? Are you not sharing Yeonjun's room?" She raised an eyebrow.

As much as I hate Yeonjun, I would never get him in trouble. "No no, we do share a room. You see, I really wanted my own space."

"Oh that's fine then" she smiled. "Wooyoung sweetie, can I say something?"

"Yes, of course"

"I know this wedding was very sudden and unexpected for you and my son as well," she extended her hand and held mine. "I really like you. I want you to work out this marriage."

I smiled at her. "I'll try my best"

"Even though Yeonjun can be stubborn and rude at times, I hope you stick around."

She sounded so genuine that I for a second wanted to promise her to never leave her son's side but sadly, we can never trust rich people. They want alliances, not marriages.

"You can trust me Mrs. Choi" I squeezed her hands and gave her a nod.

Mrs. Choi grinned. "Wonderful. Now who wants ice cream?"

At the mention of the dessert, Jongho spun around in his chair and beamed cutely. "Me!"

_________________________________________

I am sooo sorry for not uploading a chapter last week :((

New update schedule: every sundays

Enjoy!