Chapter-13

Family dinners aren't my favorite, especially when the family isn't mine.

My parents also had a similar "monthly family dinners" kinda thing but it was mostly me and my parents, sometimes accompanied by my uncles but that happened very rarely. Having dinner with my parents was awkward, not to mention the tension that was always there between my mom and dad.

Choi's family dinners are the same. My in-laws aren't like a married couple. They talk like business partners. Truth be told, none of these rich couples are a good example of a relationship based on love and affection. It's all a show put up to fool the media.

Yeonjun had texted me to be on time, saying that there was something his dad wanted to discuss with me. I think I know exactly what he wanted to talk about.

After my secret visit to the boxing club, I came home all sweaty and stinky. After I had taken a long bubble bath, I was clean and smelled nice. Like strawberries. The fragrance reminded me of someone. Someone who is obsessed with strawberries but let's not think about him right now.

Opening the door to the balcony, I stepped out, feeling the chilly wind on my face.

"You asked for me," Wooyoung said, "Mr. Choi."

The man smiled, extending his hand for me to shake. "Call me Father"

"Ok," I mumbled, feeling his rough grip. "Father."

"How are you Wooyoung?" He asked, looking at the city view in front of us. "I never got to talk to you after the wedding."

That's true. We communicate through our secretaries because it's convenient this way. Also, what do we even talk about? Business deals and monthly sales. That's it.

"I'm doing good." I replied, standing beside him. "The same old."

Mr. Choi nodded, turning around to fill himself a glass of wine. "How's work?"

"Tiring" I chuckled. "We are about to open up a branch in China soon."

"Yes, your father told me about it." He said, sipping his drink. "Here"

He handed me an empty glass and raised the wine bottle. As a gentleman I am, I took the glass from him, letting Mr. Choi fill it up for me, even though i wasn't in the modd to drink.

"Thank you," I said taking a sip. "Father."

We stood side by side in the balcony for a while, talking about nothing but work.

"Wooyoung," he began, "I see you have been attending a lot of parties these days."

I looked at him, not knowing what he was talking about. "Parties?"

"Yes" he replied. "At the Choi's I think?"

Oh.

"Yes. I was invited." I said, truthfully.

"You had fun?" He asked, re-filling his glass.

I nodded. "Yes."

"You know that Choi Motors is our rival, don't you?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm aware," I said. "Father."

"Yet you attended their son's birthday party."

I nodded.

"Why?"

I took a deep breath. The night after Soobin's birthday, Yeonjun and I had already come up with a lie to tell our parents if they ever interrogated us which happened a bit too soon. I'm pretty sure his dad had already asked him about going to their rival's party.

I put down my almost full glass on the table and looked at him. Alright Wooyoung, time to lie.

"It was my idea to show up as a married couple," I said. "You know, The Choi's invited a lot of influential families, and what's the best way to let them know of your existence? By having a drink with them at a social event." I said, smiling at him.

"Yeonjun and I definitely made a lot of contacts that night. Which, I'm sure, are going to be useful to us in the future."

Mr. Choi studied my face nefire humming. "I see. Was Yeonjun with you all night long?"

"Yes. We were together."

False. He was busy with his boyfriend while I was away with his twin but thanks to the masks, nobody recognized us.

Yeonjun had told me how both the Choi families suspected their relationship because of how frequently they visited each other. Not gonna lie, assuming things is pretty rude, even though their relationship is real, assuming without any clues is not cool.

"Nice" he said. "I'm glad you two are getting along."

"He is good to me." Wow, that's a lie. A big one actually.

"It's great to see you both happy together."

Oh Mr. Choi, if only you knew. You would most definitely kick me and your son out for fooling you like this.

For the next fifteen minutes, Mr. Choi and I discussed the preparations of the new branch that will soon be opened in China. I don't really like talking about work like this. I mean, we work for ten hours every day. You can't blame me for wanting a different topic to discuss.

I took my leave when he received a phone call from one of his business partners. Leaving Mr. Choi alone, I walked out, closing the balcony door behind me.

Phew. Dodged a bullet there.

Before going to the main dining hall downstairs, I decided to take a quick bathroom break. Which didn't go as planned.

"San?" I whispered-yelled at the man in front of me. "What are you doing here?"

He looked around the bathroom and locked the door.

"We need to talk."

______________________________________

After this filler chapter, I have a very interesting chapter planned. Just wait for a day!!

Do let me know if you are liking the story so far<3

Vote and comment~