Chapter-8

"Bless you," I said when out of nowhere San sneezed beside me.

He rubbed the tip of his nose and looked at me, a grin on his face, "I'm already blessed because you are with me."

"Shut up!" I picked up one of his plushies and threw it at his face, San catching the rabbit with ease.

"Don't hurt Chubs, wooyoungie" he giggled, hugging the bunny plushie.

I blushed at the nickname. I keep forgetting that I'm friends with him now and that using pet names is something I agreed upon. Then why is the blush creeping my cheeks whenever he says something cheesy like this? If anyone is wondering, San has this way of talking where you might think that he is flirting with you, but in reality he is just being himself.

"I'm still mad that you didn't invite me and went alone with Jongho." He pouted, playing with the ears of the bunny toy he had named Chubs.

"I thought you were working," I said because I remember San having to attend some meeting yesterday.

"I could have made time you know" he replied, sulking obviously. "Anything for a bookstore."

The first thing I ever learned about Choi San was that he is obsessed with reading. He is always reading a book. Romance novels to be precise.

For the past month of my staying here, I have seen multiple packages full of paperbacks and hardbacks being delivered to him. This guy can not go one day without reading.

Not just novels, he also likes graphic novels, something I never knew existed. You can't blame me though, I'm only familiar with Mangas.

"Let's go together next time," I said, making him smile. "I'll buy you that series you were telling me about."

San's eyes sparkled. "You are the best!" He looked happy, like a bigger version of his brother Jongho.

Silence fell but it was comfortable. Just us chilling in his room. I remember the day I stepped inside for the first time. I still laugh at our first meeting (see ch1)

At first, I thought this was a rather strange choice of decorations for someone my age but looking at the boy in front of me, I have to agree that the vibes of his room scream Choi San.

Purple and pink ceiling, blue-green walls, rainbow led lights, and shelves filled with soft plushies and figurines. His gaming desk sitting prettily in one corner beside the door that leads to the coolest place I've ever seen. A secret library! Yes, San has an additional room in his room which he converted into his safe place.

His room is everything a teenager would do anything to get. I am not a fan of colors but because I've been spending so much time with San these days, I think it's safe to say that I'm okay with colors other than black. Still don't like them but I'm working on it.

At one glance, you would be able to see how opposite we are. He has graffiti over his walls. I have plain black walls. He has trinkets scattered everywhere. My place is empty. Just plain black furniture. Pretty boring but I like it. The minimalistic approach you see.

Even though we have different tastes in almost everything, San and I surprisingly go well as a duo. Even Changbin noticed how comfortable we are with each other.

A knock was heard on the door and after three seconds later, a tall figure dressed in casual clothes walked in, his eyes widening as soon as he saw me with his brother lying on the same bed.

"What's going on here?" Yeonjun raised his eyebrows, a little smirk playing on his lips, "so we making friends now?"

I rolled my eyes at him, obviously very annoyed with his presence.

Yeonjun turned to look at his twin, "You have an invite." He handed him a silver-coloured envelope with silver cursive words written in an elegant font.

Before I could scoot closer to him and read what it was about, Yeonjun smacked my head with an identical envelope. "You are invited as well."

With that, Yeonjun walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I opened the envelope very carefully so that I don't tear it accidentally. It was an invite as Yeonjun had said. A birthday party invite or shall I say a birthday event?

"Can't believe Soobin invited me" I mumbled before going over the letter.

"Why wouldn't he?" San looked at me. "You guys are friends, aren't you?"

I nodded. "But I'm his boyfriend's husband."

San chuckled. "But your marriage isn't marriaging."

"Makes sense"

In the letter, it said that Soobin's birthday was two weeks from today. The theme was royalty-

"Masquerade ball?!" San exclaimed. He was reading the same line as I was.

"Sounds cool doesn't it?" I asked, smiling.

"I have never been to a Masquerade!" San sat up and his eyes sparkled. He is really cute.

"I cannot wait to get dressed up!" He said, almost jumping on the bed.

"How about" I grinned at him, catching his attention. "We go shopping together this Saturday?"

And that's how ladies, you get Choi San to give you a bone-crushing hug ;)

________________________________________

Happy new year!!