Chapter Four

▪️chatting with the group chat: EMOtioanl damage▪️

You: Hey guys! I won't be around this summer. I'm going on a concert tour with a few friends I met a few weeks ago to play the drums. I'll be gone for the entire summer.

Callie: Omg, have fun! Do you know the band's name? Have you told Nathan yet?

Ben: ooo that's so fun!!! Enjoy girly!

You: No, I don't know their name, but I am friends with a few of it's members. I haven't yet; I'm about to leave for home, and he's staying the night.I'll tell him then.

Callie: Okay, make sure to call when you are on tour and safe!

You: Will do!! Thanks, you two!

▪️chat ended with group chat▪️

I unlocked my apartment door quietly so as not to wake Nathan, who was usually asleep after a long shift.

The first thing I noticed was a pair of black heels that were certainly not mine. Who could they belong to? My sister is out of town.

I walked down the hallway and noticed my bedroom light was still on. Maybe he was waiting for me to get home.

I opened it to see Nathan in bed with a girl—that was definitely not me.

A tear rolled down my face. Why did I even give him a second chance? Just as we were getting somewhere, I thought he would've used this second chance to be a better partner.

"Nathan, I'll give you 10 seconds to explain yourself," I growled, shoving the door right open.

"Oh shit! This is not what it looks like, babe; I just got drunk, that's all! It is a mistake!" Nathan shouted in surprise and jumped up.

"Don't 'babe' me. We promised to put no labels on whatever this is. You're hardly ever here, so this isn't even a relationship. But I can't believe you've done this after I gave you a second chance, and there is no way you are drunk; you are as sober as ever. Get the fuck out!" I yelled.

The girl he was with just got changed and ran out. "Please, babe, it wasn't anything serious! I was just bored. Please forgive me, and I'll take you out on an expensive date.

"Here is a blanket. Stay outside, don't come back in!" I yelled and pushed him out the door, which slammed shut.

▪️

I didn't sleep that night; I just stared at my ceiling.
Maybe sleeping with Vinny back in North Carolina was a bad thing. Despite that happening during my and Nathan's breakup, maybe it was a dick move?

No. We had broken up. But when I returned from North Carolina, he begged for forgiveness.

Maybe it's also a bad thing that I am starting to like Vinny as more than a friend. Can you blame me? Have you seen him?

He probably only thinks of me as a friend, or maybe even just a technician he hangs out with?
Maybe that's why he reacted the way he did.

I packed all the clothes I knew I needed, all of them either black or in monochrome colors. I packed my new drum sticks from Vinny and bandages. I also packed a few party dresses and my platform boots.

▪️

By the time seven in the morning rolled around, I groaned and got up from the couch I had sat on for the night.

I decided to wake myself up by taking a cold shower, and I didn't bother drying my hair because I knew it would look better air dried.

I chucked on black skinny jeans, an asking alexandria shirt, and a lace cardigan with platform canvas shoes.

I cleaned my glasses and washed my face, trying to make myself look a bit presentable considering I hadn't slept a wink.

I looked like I had been dragged backwards through a bush. Yuck

▪️Rad Rick has sent you a message▪️

Rad Rick: Me and Vin are in my car on our way. Don't take too long; we bought breakfast from McDonald's.

You: okay, I'll be out soon!

Rad Ricky: Okay, sit in the back with Vin; I've got food on the front seat with me.

You: oki, see you!

▪️chat ended with Rad Ricky▪️

After tidying up my house a bit, I ensured everything was secure and locked the door.

As soon as I got out of the door and made my way down to the street, Nathan was waiting for me.

Ignoring his presence, I looked around for Ricky's car. Despite the guy behind me, it was a peaceful morning. until he started talking with his loud mouth.

"Val, it didn't mean anything! She came onto me!" Nathan stated matter-of-factly.

"We both know that's a lie, Nathan," I sighed, shaking my head. An annoyed look took hold of my face.

"But I love you! You mean the world to me."

"Bullshit. We haven't even been dating for whatever these last six months were. After I caught you with that girl first of all, I gave you a second chance, but look how that worked out!" I told him calmly, but I made it clear how angry I was.

I was seething.

I heard a car pull up a few houses away and a door open and close, so I began gathering my bags.

"Come on, Val. You're just going to leave me again? After everything I did for you?"

My eyes got teary, but I refused to show him. This was so embarrassing in front of Vinny and Ricky. even worse for whoever got out of the car.

"Everything you did? You put me in the fucking hospital, Nathan! That's what you did. The negatives are more than the positives! I can't stand you; I have no idea why I let you ever stay in my life again!"

"You love me! That's why," Nathan yelled, grabbing my wrist and pulling me in, kissing me hard.

"Ew, get off me!"

I stood back and said quietly, hoping the boys weren't hearing this, "I don't think I ever loved you." I walked closer to him.

"You hurt me, more than once. You disgusting bastard! You couldn't even keep it in your pants," I spat.

The next thing I felt was a pain on the side of my face, and I was knocked to the side by the sheer force of his punch.

"I did everything for you. And this is how you repay me?" Nathan questioned

I glared, and just as I was about to bite back at him, Vinny shot past me and violently punched Nathan to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Vinny asked, giving me his hand, which I took gratefully. His eyes looked me up and down, then back at me, and he smiled slightly.

"I'm fine. Thank you, Vinny. Lets get going."

I grabbed my bags from the sidewalk, but a hand grabbed my wrist.
"Let me. Just get in the car, and I'll grab these for you."

"I'm not a child," I mocked him, yet I sent him a large smile of appreciation and placed my hand on his arm in comfort. "Thanks Vinny"