Chapter Twenty

"I can't believe the audacity of that woman!" I yelled at no one in particular.

"Vinny, it's okay; it's over now." Valerie said gently, hugging me, and we looked at each other through the mirror in the elevator.

I grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"But it's not okay! Why didn't you say something?" My hands gripped her through the hug, making her move closer to me, she smiled sadly.

"Shh, shh. Let's leave it in the past now. I didn't say anything because there is a time and place for that, and that wasn't the time for it." She cooed, and despite our height difference, she cradled my head.

I laughed

"What's so funny?" She asked innocently, tilting her head to the side.

Her eyes were filled with adoration and were breathtaking.

"Two things," I sighed, leaning against the wall and staring at her; her eyelashes fluttered under my watchful gaze.

"One, it's usually the other way around here, madame. I'm the cradeler" I laughed, and she shook her head, covering her face to stifle a giggle.

I grabbed her hands away, and pinched a kiss,

"Two, you haven't said anything about what I called you," I told her, pulling her into my side and pressing a kiss onto her forehead.

"What did you call me?"

"I called you my girlfriend."

"Well, there isn't anything wrong with that, is there? I am your girlfriend, right?" She whispered into my ear and pressed her lips against my neck, sucking slightly.

My heart was thumping in my chest, and I held back from jumping in happiness, but my smile was radiant, and I held her tightly.

Where was this coming from? I'm not complaining; I'm just surprised.

"Hell yeah, you are." I smirked, holding her in place, huddling against her head, moving my head back a bit for her to have more access to my skin,

The elevator suddenly dinged, and the doors opened quickly to reveal the guys standing there waiting for us.

"Um"

Well, this was awkward.

"Hey guys!" Valerie jumped, moving away from me slightly, turning a deep shade of red, and asked, "What's up?"

Okay then, I guess we won't show our relationship to the guys yet, but they can probably tell there's something going on...

"We were going to go out for food, and we were going to invite you two, but it seems like you guys are already eating?" Ricky slyly chuckled.

"No! No! Um, we'd love to join you! Just give us 15 minutes to unpack," I babbled, smiling guiltily like a child caught doing something bad.

"Okay, don't take too long, love birds," Chris sang as we left the elevator and darted down the corridor, and the guys just sat in the seats by the elevator.

"Shut up!" I playful called back at him, wrapping my arm around Valerie who was practically glowing red

▪️

Once we got into our room, Valerie let out a sigh of relief and collapsed onto the bed.

The only bed

"Um, there's only one bed," she said, and I smirked as I removed my jacket and shoes and followed her.

"Well, usually it's just me, or me and Rick, and someone else gets the odd room. But now that I have you, it appears that we have the odd room with one double bed."