Chapter Twenty-Four

"Alright, so we are going for a very gothic sort of style—that is what you requested, right, Mr. Cerulli?" Jackson asked, flipping through some pages on a clipboard, while "Imaculate Misconception" was playing quietly in the background.

"Please call me Chris. And yeah, I wanted to go for a more evil gothic look, since tonight's set and the rest of this tour we are going to be playing our more darker and heavier music," Chris replied, showing Jackson some photos. "We are on a pretty short tour."

"I thought there were only 5 of you, 7 including the dancers, who I've already met and taken photos of. Who's this beauty?" Jackson asked, stalking over to Valerie and inspecting her looks: "My, you have a gorgeous figure and wonderful style."

"This is Valerie," Vinny muttered, standing beside her in a defensive stance, wrapping an arm around her waist. Jackson gave him a funny look. She smiled sheepishly at his behavior.

"She is our supply drummer since Vinny hasn't been very well this tour." Ricky chimed in, shrugging off his leather jacket and moving to sit down in a chair on the side.

"Uh, honey, you don't look sick. "At all," Jackson laughed as he flicked Vinny on the brow, "are you lying?"

"Heh, No. I wish I was, but I've just not been feeling great. Sore muslces and shit" Vinny sighed, moving to stand beside Valerie, taking her hand in his and rubbing his temple. Valerie muttered sweet nothings into his ear and cradled his head.

"Ooo, so you guys are a package? How cute! Sad to think I had my eyes on you," Jackson whined to Vinny, a pout playing on his face, winking, "Let's get to it, shall we? The makeup artists and stylists are waiting! Will Miss Valerie be joining you in the photo shoot?"

"Well, I don't see why not," Chris said happily, clapping his hands together and subtly glancing at Ricky. The two shared a short glance before Chris nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, you're a part of the Motionless family now." Ricky smiled, giving Valerie a pat on the back, and Vinny cuddled her with a pleased face.

"Okay! Let's get to it then!"

▪️Valerie point of view ▪️

"Here, we had this spare dress in the back; I think it would suit you amazingly!" The stylist assigned to me exclaimed enthusiastically as she shoved a lacy black Morticia Addams-style dress into my arms.

"Um sure, what shoes should I wear?" I asked, beginning to change into the dress in the changing room, while the lady fluttered around outside.

"Do you have platforms? Who are you being paired with in the shoot?" She asked as I slipped into the dress.

I admired it in the mirror; it fit me like a glove. The blackness and lace stood out beautifully against my skin, and my black hair completed the outfit spectacularly.

"Um, Vinny, I think. And then one massive photo with the guys," I replied, thinking back to what shoes I owned.
"I also have a really nice pair of black suede platforms on the bus!"

"Perfect! I'll run and grab them; can you straighten your hair?" The lady asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, I may not look like a fashion guru, but I do like to dress up." We laughed, and she went to grab my boots.

▪️

"Woah! Miss Valerie! You look like an angel of darkness! Just wait until that boy toy of yours sees you!" Jackson exclaimed, grabbing my face and stretching my cheeks.

I blushed slightly, disliking all the sudden attention.

"Boyfriend! Not boy toy. Anyways, yeah! Thanks for setting this up," I replied as we walked down the corridor to where we were going to take the photos.