Chapter Twenty-One

"I dibs sitting by Valerie!" Vinny excitedly shouted, running ahead of everyone else and pulling Valerie with him.

"Vinny, slow down!" She chuckled, trying to keep up: "I'm wearing platforms, you're wearing trainers."

"That's a you problem!"

"Hey! I want to look stylish!" She said, "I'm offended," pressing a hand against her head woefully.

"Are you saying because I'm wearing trainers, I'm unstylish?" Vinny asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Precisely," she said without emotion.

"Come on, Valerie! I'm wearing trainers too!" Ryan groaned,

"Don't worry, Ry, I think you are pretty stylish," she told him, and jumped on Vinny's back.

"Oof, off we go then!" Vinny marched, with the guys following close behind.

"Woah, this place is a lot different at night."

"It's a bit quieter, not as much, but hey! It's like 4 a.m., so what did you expect?" Chris said, opening the door to a fast-food restaurant.

"Oo, smell that!" Ricky sighed in delight as he spoke dreamily.

"Hell yeah, I love me some fast food," Justin happily stated, "this is my happy place!"

"What do you guys want? I can order it," Valerie offered, and she started taking everyone's orders and then went to order it.

"Sooo, what's going on between you two then?" Ricky interrogated, smirking evilly.

"She may or may not be officially my girlfriend. But act like you don't know! I don't think she wants you guys to know yet" Vinny whispered, and the guys nodded in understanding.

"We are happy for you, Vin! You deserve this!" Ryan said, patting his friend on the back.

"I don't think I'm worthy of her; just look at her." He sighed, looking at her. They all had a look of awe in their eyes. "She's the embodiment of an angel."

"Vinny, trust me. You are more than worthy. Besides, have you even seen the way she looks at you?" Chris asked, tapping his hands against the table.

"Alright guys! They are going to bring our food out in a bit. Anyway, what are we talking about?" Valerie said, sitting beside Vinny.

He wrapped his arm around her hip, pulling her into his embrace but being secretive about it.

"We are just talking about our favourite horror movies. I think after the next venue and when we are back on the bus, we are going to see a horror movie," Ricky said, and then started talking about his favourite horrors.

"That's kind of ironic, Ricky Horror," Chris laughed, "What's your favourite horror movie, Val?"

"I love the Conjuring Universe movies, especially the second Annabelle movie," she replied.
"No way! Mine too! I personally loved the third Annabelle since it showed the embodiment of the demon. It just shows how easily demonic problems can arise." Chris sighed, smiling brightly.

"I love sinister; something about it just gives me the chills! The house kind of reminds me of mine when I was a kid."

"Oo yeah, I get what you mean!" Ricky nodded.

"Hi! Food for 6?" A waitress came up to them and placed the tray on the table.

"Thank you! Have a good evening!" Valerie said it with happiness, smiling at the waitress.

"This looks delicious," Justin said, nearly drooling.

"Here, Val, try this," Vinny told her with a smirk. She ate it and started to turn red and cough.