Chapter Thirty-Four

"I know I live in Scranton too, but fuck! This traffic is crazy! What's with the rush!?" Vinny screeched, holding onto the door of Valerie's car as she had to continuously swerve to give other cars room to move.

"I don't know. Maybe there's a basketball game going on?"

"Val," Vinny stated calmly, turning to her, yet with a massive grin plastered on his face, "I love basketball!"

"From the number of jerseys and hoodies you have, I can tell you're literally dedicated to some sort of team," she laughed, rolling her eyes.

"hey! There is nothing wrong with liking basketball! "Tell me about a sport you enjoy," he huffed, crossing his arms.

"I like swimming." She shrugged her shoulders, more as a question than a statement."We should go swimming when our tour finishes! It'll be relaxing and good for us!"

"It'll be good for me," he smirked, glancing at Valerie, who was continuously glaring at the road.

"Oh shush. Get your head out of the gutter"

▪️

"Wait, they've gone to Britain for their honeymoon? I thought they'd go to Japan!?" Valerie exclaimed with a smile on her face. There were many beautiful places to visit in Britain.

"Hey! Sorry that took so long! Work is really busy!" came a voice that was all too familiar,

Valerie sank into Vinny's side more, glaring at the figure in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?"

"I invited him, of course! He's part of the family. Even if you two aren't together anymore!" Her mom clapped her hands and moved to hug Nathan.

Looking around in a confused manner, trying to ignore the person in the doorway, Vinny asked, "Where's Danny?"

"He's somewhere. Probably upstairs in the spare room."

"I'm going to go find the kiddo, will you be okay or do you want to come with?" He asked Valerie, playing with her fingers before holding her hand.

"Yeah! I'll be fine, and I'm sure Danny will be happy to see you!" She replied, smiling at him lovingly, but her insides were eating her alive—could she really deal with him right now?

Vinny turned the corner and made his way up the stairs, and Valerie could faintly hear her brother cheer, "Vinvin!"

Everyone in the living room chuckled. "Me and your stepdad are going to prepare dinner, so you two behave now." She jokingly scolded Nathan and Valerie.

The two nodded; Nathan glared daggers at Valerie, and she shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"so"

"So, me and Callie got together," Nathan tells her with a smirk, watching the colour drain from her face.

"You what? You got with my best friend?" She says, shocked. Her stomach turned, and she began to feel quite sick,

"You mean ex-best friend. She hates you for what you did to me."

"What I did to you? I haven't done anything to you!" She spat, glaring at him.

"Oh yeah? your shocked I'm with Cal? Look at you! You moved on pretty fucking quick, huh?" He gestured angrily to the ceiling, "You're disgusting, what a bunch of freaks" He muttered under his breath, but Valerie heard it

"You son of a bi-"

"Vally!"

The hero of the day ran into the living room and into Valerie's arms, and she engulfed her little brother gratefully. Vinny ran in after the kid, and also into Valerie's embrace. The three snuggled up on the couch together.