Chapter Fifteen

My heart was beating so fast that I felt my face grow warm as my blood rushed to my face, yet I smiled gently.

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

Maybe I said that a bit too eagerly? Heh

"Thank God," he laughed, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "You have no idea how many energy drinks I've consumed in the last 3 hours to work up the courage to ask you." He brushed some stray strands of his hair away.

I laughed, and his entire face lit up.

My confidence has returned, and I feel like myself again. Why was I ever so shy? He probably thought I was a bitch.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch the past few days; I just didn't know how to react to these rather new feelings." I rubbed my head, tilting it to the side.

"Hey, no worries! We can all get like that sometimes. If you ever need to chat about it, you know where we are"

"Thanks, Vin," I sighed, and I was suddenly in his embrace. His hand found its way to the back of my head, and he cradled it into his chest, not too firmly but not gently either.

like he didn't want me to leave...

Our clothes squelched from the puddled water, and suddenly droplets of cold water fell from the sky, making Vin laugh.

God, I could listen to that sound for hours.

"Maybe let's organise it for another day. I think we should go back to the bus and get changed out of these now wet clothes."

"That's probably for the best."

▪️

Me and Vinny had agreed not to tell anyone else about us going on a date; for all we knew, it could go wrong. Or we could simply have platonic feelings for each other.

I doubt that, though.

"Hey guys!" Vinny called as we got onto the bus.

"Hel- welp," I yelped, tripping on the final step and collapsing into Vinny's legs.

"Oops" he stiffled a laugh, and pulled me up

"I've told you all, I'm the clumsy one!"

I turned to see the guys; they were all sitting around the TV screen, with Chris in the middle, playing some football game.

"Hey Vin, hi Val" Ricky mumbled with a sad tone in his voice; he looked like a kid who'd just been yelled at. "How was your walk?"

"It was good." Vinny answered, confused at the unfolding situation in front of us.

"Scored!" Chris yelled, leaping to his feet, making me and Vinny jump a mile. Vinny looked at me, and I just raised my arms in an 'I don't know' way.

Justin, Ryan, and Ricky just sighed in sync; Justin had his face in his hands, Ricky looked to be on the verge of tears, and Ryan looked as if he had just gotten a lecture from his mom.

"What's up with you three?" I laughed, walking past them to grab a drink.

"He keeps scoring, and he's beating my score! And the three of us bet that my team would win, but Chris is beating my team's ass." Ricky groaned, grabbing a pillow and squeezing it tightly.

"Well, ignoring our meltdown, what happened to the two of you to make you look like drowned rats?" Ryan looked around; Justin nodded but was still looking down.

"Let's just say puddles, speeding cars, and us standing on a pavement don't mix well," I laughed, dragging Vinny into the bunk room.

"Yeah, we've learned two valuable lessons today, guys! 1. Don't bet on things. 2. Don't stand around on pavements in places where it has rained." Vinny joked just before he dipped his head into the bunk room.