Chapter Thirty-Three

"So, I haven't seen you in six months, and then I end up babysitting you and this guy, and you are both drunk as hell!" Ben grumbled, stomping around, glaring at Valerie and Vinny. "Look at you, both so happy being lovey-dovey. Just another reminder of my loneliness and need for a boyfriend!" he slumped over, hand on heart with false tears in his eyes,

"Go to—" Valerie laughed, rubbing her head, "go to North Carolina. That's where I met this hunk."

"Woah, I've never heard that word come out of you before." Vinny laughed beside her, slapping her arm.

"I'm surrounded by fucking idiots," Ben groaned, facepalming. "Why did I ever agree to this?"

"Because you're my bestie, and you needed to repay me for spewing on my favourite hoodie that one time when we went drinking."

"Right..." he sighed in defeat, rolling his eyes.

"I'm so tired, Val," Vinny yawned, trying to curl up in her lap, "I'll just get comfy here."

Valerie shoved him off, groaning about him being lazy,

"You aren't a cat, silly," she giggled, playing with a few strands of her now messy hair.

"So, I can't even be your cat?" Vinny sadly sighed, looking up at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course you can be my cat! You're my baby!" She sighed, patting his head and bundling him up in her arms.

"Yuck, you guys make me sick. Get in my car so I can take you to your hotel. Now"

"Yes Sir!" Vinny sang, and pulled Valerie off of their spot on the ground, the two wobbling unsteadily.

"Never call me that again," Ben cried, looking afraid. "Now, the rules of my car. We do not spew in my car."

"Okay!" the two sang,

"I don't get paid enough for this," Ben sighed as he exited the parking lot.

"ha! You don't even get paid!"

▪️

"Fucking hell, my head is killing me!" Vinny groaned, opening his eyes slightly.

"Shut the fuck up; everything hurts," Valerie grumbled, throwing an extra pillow at him.

"ouch! Don't do tha-"

"Shh," she hushed, placing a finger against his lips frantically. "They are listening."

"Who's listening?" Vinny groaned, trying to open his eyes through the pain.

"The bread slices over there." She pointed at them and said, "They were saying very crusty things about you."

"har-har."

"Ben messaged, saying you spewed into the hotel bush last night, and they got it on security tape because it was funny." Valerie quietly laughed, scrolling through the darkened screen of her phone.

"Let's hope Rick wasn't in the bush; he will be pretty annoyed."

"What?" Valerie looked at him with concern.

"Oh nothing, it's an inside joke," he chuckled, playing with one of the strings of his hoodie that Valerie was once again wearing. "How about we go back to sleep for a bit?" He groggily groaned,

"agreed"

▪️meanwhile with the guys and rick ▪️

"You okay, Ricky?" You look, uh, revolted?" Ryan asked, wrapping an arm around Ricky's shoulder.

Rick was pale in the face and looked up and said to Ryan, Chris, and Justin, "A bush." He cried, holding a hand on his heart and stomach, "Vinny, I think he spewed in a bush! The poor bush, I hope it's okay," he said sadly.

"It's okay, Rick," Chris sighed, "I'm sure the Bush is fine."

"It better be, or I'm going to chase him!"

▪️back with val and vin▪️

"How long have you been up?" Valerie asked, now more awake than earlier. She walked over to Vinny, who was in a bathrobe.

"Long enough to hear you having a dream about me."

"Yeah, it was very pleasant, but also scary." She laughed, but began groaning instantly at the loudness of her voice.

"Mwhahahaha!" he chuckled evilly. "I am the dream hacker! I'm going to hack your dreams!"

"Shhh! Don't start that bullshit with me! Get permission before you hack my dreams."

"Of course I will; it was an accident," he apologised with a smirk, and he bowed.

"A happy accident," she laughed, pouring herself a mug of coffee. She and Vinny sat in the two chairs beside the small table in their room. She passed Vinny his monster, which he put in the fridge,

"Yup, besides, what did you dream about?"

"Me and you met up back in Scranton. We were drinking Sprite, and because I didn't give you my Sprite, you stole my Snapchat account. So I stole your drumsticks, and Justin was cheering me on. It was straight out of a horror film. Have you ever had a cinnamon roll chase you around angrily? It was a scary experience." She shivered, a look of fake horror spreading across her face.

"Ha! I hacked your dreams to make you always give me your sprite now!" Vinny laughed, then grabbed his head and asked, "Do we have any paracetamol?"

"I wish; we've just got to deal with it," Valerie replied, looking down sadly.

"Anyways, despite the rather unpleasing start of the day, what's on the agenda for today?"

"We've got to go to Jord's house; my mom is there with my stepdad and Danny. She asked if we could stop by to help with a few things. Valerie replied, brushing the knots out of her hair and handing Vinny the brush, "Be careful now; we don't want your hair attacking you again." She giggled, walking over to the bathroom.

"Sounds like a fun activity! I've already showered, so you go shower, and we can get ready and then go. I can't wait to see Dan." Vinny exclaimed excitedly, tossing the hairbrush to the side, deciding he could fix that mess later.

"With this hangover, I can't wait to help clean." Valerie groaned sarcastically and disappeared into the bathroom.

"Oh yeah"

"Oh vin!" She called, "Come help me put makeup on after I finish in the shower."

▪️

"Hold still, Val," Vinny groaned, trying to put eyeliner on his girlfriend's eyes. He was having trouble concentrating, but he couldn't stop looking into her beautiful orbs—how hypnotic they are.

"You're hurting me, though! How can someone be so dangerous with an eyeliner pencil?" She laughed painfully, her faced creased in pain, "Vin!"

"Welcome to my world! Everything I do is a danger to me and the people around me."

"Right..." She stifled a laugh as he finished her makeup, and he turned away, saying, "Thank God that's over."

"Can you?" Vinny asked, holding the hairbrush out to her, feeling lazy,

"Of course!" She replied, gently taking his silky hair in her hands and brushing it.

She was battling with his knotted hair, making him groan, "Mom! You're hurting me," he whined, "pft. Just hold still."

"ughhhh"

"Are you excited to be back with the guys? I am; I've actually missed them. I also want to make things less awkward with Chris. I get what he did was wrong, but I still consider him a friend."

"Good for you, Va-Ouch! Talk about me being dangerous; are you trying to pull out all my hair?"

"You know you like it," she laughed, playfully giving it a tug.