Chapter Twenty-Five

"Um, I was going to spend time with Vin-"

"Forget Vinny! We can just hang out and have some fun!" Chris excitedly told me, patting my head and making me squirm in an unpleasant way.

"Um, I just really wanted to be close to Vinny right now," I replied, trying to get away from Chris, but Jackson pushed me into him.

"Come on, Val, let's just go! We are playing soon, and we need food!" Chris chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"I mean, go ahead, the rest of them still have photos to take sooo."Jackson added, leaning on my shoulder; Chris was simply too tall for him to do it.

"Then I guess I'll just have to," I laughed, feeling my heart drop slightly.

I don't know why I'm so scared to be around Chris; I just feel like I'm lying to Vinny. I really need to tell him before he finds out from someone else.
And the thought of that makes me sick.
But how do I tell him I nearly slept with his bandmate? Is it really that important to tell him? It must be; I'm getting this gut-wrenching feeling that I must tell Vinny no matter what!

"Alright! Let's go," Chris says, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room quickly, pushing us past the others who just sent us confused glances.

"Where are you goi-" I heard Vinny shout to Chris, but he didn't reply, and neither could I, for he pulled us to the lobby and out through the front doors.

▪️

"This is some good coffee," Chris sighed, "probably better than the stuff we had this morning," he said, glancing up at me.

He smiled radiantly, but there was a look in his eyes, and it worried me.

"Why are we actually here, Chris?" I interrogated, sipping on my latte, bored.
I tapped my nails in an impatient manner,

"Whatever do you mean, Valerie? Can't I just hang out with a bandmate?" He laughed, finishing his coffee.

"We both know that, as much as we enjoy each other's company, that is not why we are here," I stated matter-of-factly. "I heard what you and Ricky discussed last night, in the elevator."

"Oh," he smirked, looking up at me through his lashes.

"Yeah 'Oh'. I wondered why you looked so familiar." I sighed, rubbing my temple.

"Want to do another check to see if I am the guy you are talking about?" Chris said, smirking

"What do you mean, 'final check"?" I asked, picking my nail slightly.

My mind wandered back to Vinny and how amazing he looked in that suit earlier. He looked like a boss, and believe me, I would happily work for him.
I mean, am I practically correct?
Or are we just partners in crim-

I was pulled from my thoughts when Chris pulled me from my hips towards him, and he placed a simple, meaningless kiss on my lips.

"Feel familiar?"

"Uh," I coughed, turning a bright red and feeling dizzy. "I think I've had enough, please excuse me, Chris. See you back at the venue," I hurriedly said, rushing to turn to leave.

Oh god, what did he think he was doing? We literally told them me and Vinny were dating this morning!

I need to tell Vinny right now. This guilt is eating me up, and it's not even my fault!

"Shit! Sorry!" I scrambled out as I bumped into someone, and I looked up to see it was Ricky.

"Hey Val, are you okay?" He smirked, helping me off the ground, "Yeah, I'm good. Where's vin?" I asked in a hurry.

"He's still at the venue; I think he's waiting for you," he replied, and I sped off to find him.

▪️3rd person point of view▪️

"Did you get it?" Chris asked Ricky as he slid into the booth.

"Yeah, I did, but I feel guilty for doing this, man. As much as Vinny is my brother, she is also like a sister to me. Aren't we going a bit too far?" Ricky sighed sadly, pulling out his phone and scrolling to the picture he had taken of Chris kissing Valerie, but it looked like she was kissing him.

"I will do anything to make sure she doesn't hurt him, even if that means blackmail. I guess her not kissing me back is also a positive. I just don't want Vinny to ever have to feel heartbreak, you know?" Chris replied, his face looking sad and remorseful.

"Now we've got to find a way to get her to stay aswell. We need to make sure she won't leave the tour after she realises that Vinny isn't actually sick"

"I understand, but this Chris," Ricky muttered, gesturing to the room and himself, "is too much man."

▪️

"Vinny!" Valerie called out, looking for a certain drummer boy who is a very hyper individual.

Somebody covered her eyes with their hands and embraced her from behind. With a smirk in their voice, they asked, "Guess who?"

"Prince charming?" Valerie chuckled."Is that you?" She giggled, turning to kiss Vinny as he removed his hands.

Vinny whispered a "yes" into her ear and began kissing the left side of her neck, making her groan aloud.

They shared a quick, hungry kiss, but pulled away as Ryan began to walk over.

"Vin I need to tell you something; it is really importan-"

"Guys, we are on in like 5. Come on!" Ryan shouted, and Chris and Ricky ran back into the venue, straight past Vinny and Valerie.

Valerie flinched slightly.

"Sorry, Val, it'll have to wait. I can't play tonight; I'm sorry to spring this on you so suddenly. The breakfast I had this morning has really upset my stomach." Vinny mumbled sadly,

"You do look paler than usual; here, take my bag," she said, handing him her bag. "There are pills and water in there to take away any pain you are feeling. Don't worry about it; I've been practicing," she replied, before running to the wings with her drumsticks.

Vinny smirked, happy she had those from him.
He gazed at her, a longing in his eyes. A longing to hold her, to have her sleep in his arms, to do things with her he had never wanted to do before.

He was utterly besotted with her, she was like a drug. An addicting one at that.
"Oh Valerie, I'm afraid to say it, but I do believe I am in love with you."

▪️

A/N - short chapter sorry lol! Any suggestions? Favourite part of the book?

I may not be active much next week since I have mock exams in college, so I'll be pretty tired most of the time 

See you guys soon!! Don't forget to comment and vote on your favourite parts or just give me suggestions. Love you all, take care!!