Chapter Thirty

"So, remind me again." Vinny's muffled voice called, "Why did we have to get up this early? Val, it's not even 5 a.m." Vinny groaned into his pillow, rolling around their bed in a childish manner.

"I mean, I can go to this wedding alone," Valerie said, standing with her hands on her hips.

"No! I'll definitely be there." He shouted, jumping up and grabbing her hands. Valerie laughed as he continued to groan about his back and lack of beauty sleep.

"You don't need your beauty sleep, drummer boy; you're already beautiful."

"Gee thanks! doesn't make up for the hours of sleep I've lost" Vinny sighed, but pulled Valerie in for a quick kiss.

"Why didn't you sleep last night?"

"You know why," Vinny smirked, but Valerie just shoved him and laughed, "Oh shush, nothing happened; it was your imagination."

"Mmm, debatable," he said as he hugged her, curling her hair around his finger.

"Vin, you woke me up at like 1 a.m. to tell me about the dream. It was your imagination!"

Ignoring her comment, he continued on to speak, wandering around their hotel room like a lost sheep. "By the way, I'm actually looking forward to meeting your sister."

"I'm pretty sure she feels the same way, now, chop chop! I've already packed, but you, mister! You need a shower!" Valerie spoke with an authoritative tone in her voice as she pushed Vinny into the bathroom.

"Want to shower with me?" Vinny suggested, raising his eyebrows suggestively as he peaked out from behind the door,

"As tempting as that sounds, Vin, no, I already have. Now hurry up, Mr. Twit! We've got a cab to catch."

"Cool your beans, Mrs. Twit, I'm a very fast person." He winked, and she shook her head and giggled.

▪️

The two were currently sitting at Valerie's sister's house back in Pennsylvania. Valerie thought it would be nice to surprise her sister, so the bridesmaids were distracting Jordan by finishing any final wedding touches and helping her into her white suit.

"Uuuugh," Vinny muttered, swaying from side to side and bumping into Valerie's shoulder. "I'm so tired."

"Have a nap, Vin; lean on my shoulder if you have to. In the future, don't let your imagination run wild," Valerie suggested with a giggle, taking his hand in hers and pressing her lips against them.

"Thanks, Val, I'll try not to," he said with a smile.

"You're welcome, Vin," she sighed as she pressed a gentle kiss against his head. She felt quite tired herself after rushing around packing and dealing with Mr. Twit's antics.

They had travelled for six hours straight, and the wedding was at 2. Because they didn't leave New York until 6 a.m., it was now 12 p.m., they left so late because Vinny claimed his skin needed nourishment from the holy waters of the shower.

But all Val could hear was him singing to himself. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Valerie smiled to herself and began playing some minigames on her phone as Vinny cutely snored away on her shoulder. But a text that came across her screen filled her with excitement.

She almost squealed.

▪️New message from Mother▪️

Mother: You better be able to watch your little brother at the party tonight, young lady.

You: Well, hello to you too! Of course I will, but how long will I be looking after him for?

Mother: not too long, hopefully, maybe just an hour or two?

You: Awesome! How is Danny anyways?"

Mother: He is good. Yes, there are a few things we need to discuss, but other than that, everything is fine! See you at 2 for the wedding?

You: Yeah, I will see you then!

▪️End of messages with mother▪️

"Val, your heart is rapidly beating," Vinny groaned, pushing himself off of her arm, "how long have I been asleep?"

"About an hour, the wedding is in about an hour. We need to start getting ready before my sister comes back"

"Okay, I feel a bit more refreshed now. Did you uh" He smiles with shame, "did you bring my suit?"

"You're so lucky; I'm so organized," she tiredly laughed, pulling Vinny into a hug and swaying around the room with him.

"I'll take that as a yes. Shall we go get changed?"

"Yeah, we can change in here."

▪️

"Vin, help me zip the back of my dress up," Valerie said, turning to Vinny with a defeated look on her face.

"With pleasure," Vinny replied, moving toward her.

"Don't get any funny ide-"

Vinny trailed his cold hands up her bare back, making her shiver, and she bit her lip and smiled, "What did I just tell you?"

"I didn't get any ideas; that was a natural reaction!" He laughed, zipping up the dress fully. "There you go, all done." He moved her black hair out of the way and kissed the nape of her neck. She hummed happily.

"I must say, you look ravishing."

"Why thank you, Mortica Addams?"

"Ah, yes, I am the Queen of Death," Valerie said with a grin.

"No. Wrong. You are the queen of my heart," Vinny said, taking her hand in his and spinning her around. When she spun back into his arms, he flipped her to the side and kissed her passionately. "And might I add, you look so beautiful," he said, breathlessly.

Although the two quickly put distance between each other, a new voice and hushed whispers entered the room. "Hi Valerie," she chuckled, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Oh my-" Valerie said, emotionally, forgetting Vinny's presence,

"Come give your big sister a hug!"

"You look amazing!" Valerie cried, jumping into Jordan's arms.

Meanwhile, Vinny was hovering awkwardly behind Valerie, pretending to be interested in Jordan's television.

"Oh, em gee, you must be Vinny!" Jordan shrieked, letting go of Valerie and pushing her aside, and she ran up to Vinny.

"Uhh hi," he smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his head, "nice to meet you."

"Nice to put a name to a face! Valerie has told me so much about you."

"Hopefully nothing bad," Vinny worriedly chuckled, looking at his girlfriend, who gave him a toothy grin.

"Only that you are an angel! Thank you for looking after my baby sister"

▪️