Chapter 2

Familiar faces.. the boy thought. There was a blue haired man and a blonde girl waiting for him. The man behind him closed the door. He was a man with many burnt scars and white hair.

The blue haired man spoke coldly, "You're late." Somehow, the boy was scared of this man. He's menacing red eyes stared at the boy. The room was quiet. He doesn't like it. The boy immediately bowed his head down, never to meet the man's eyes. He was afraid. Then he noticed.

The lights was off making the room eerily dark leaving only the number of monitor screens to lit up a dim light enough for them to see. He didn't notice it before but there was another person in the room.

A little girl. More little than the boy. She looked fragile and wore a hospital robe and was wrapped in bandages. There were bruises in her ankles and her ruby eyes were empty.

She looked at the boy. Both shared a moment staring at each other intently, as if relating to each others' pain. The girl saw the pitiful state of the boy, then she thought, 'ah, we're the same..'

In that second, as soon as they laid their eyes to each other, a connection was formed. The boy wanted to protect this little girl. He recognized her as someone important in that instant. He didn't know why but the way the girl looked at him was too familiar to ignore.

The girl recognized this boy as someone to empathize with. She felt that this boy will not take advantage or hurt her because he and her are the same, suffering from this bad, bad world. And that he will be her lifeline, because she would be dead if they did not find her useful for him. He is the only one with such pure intentions for her and its clearly depicted in his emotionless eyes.

Their moment was interrupted when the blue haired man kneeled to match the little girl's height. He placed both of his hands at the shoulders of the little girl with his pinky up. He smiled maniacly while looking or expecting a reaction from the boy.

The boy was surprised, he didn't want the man near the little girl. The man is dangerous, he shouldn't be trusted. And the little girl is too small, weak, and fragile to fight against this man. And now, the girl's face distorted to fear as her eyes moved to see the man's insane expression.

More reason for the man to be glad after seeing everything finally written on the boy's face.

"Little Pup, this is Eri. She will be with you from now on. So, you should do your best not to fail my expectations from you. Should you fail, something very, very bad will happen to little Eri right here~"

The man lowered his pinky finger, almost touching the little girl. Out of panic, the boy took a step forward making the man stop. A bead of sweat dripped from his forehead. His expression, terrified. The man was glad, very glad in fact from "little pup's" reaction. The blonde girl and the white haired man was surprised.

They knew the boy to be expressionless, after all the things the man did to him. He lost all hope or motivation ultimately leading to him continuesly failing to meet the cruel guy's expectations and getting punished. Countless times he was hurt, stomped over, left hungry, and so on but he was still expressionless.

But now, now that they got someone of similar, maybe less worse circumstances as him, he starts showing such drastic changes. No matter how the two cared for the boy, he didn't showed any signs of recovery but now that the girl is here, suddenly the boy showed such expressions.

It was truly a surprising event for them. "Did you understood what i just said, pup? " the man questioned. The boy was conflicted, what should he do? He looked back to the little girl that's now looking at him with a terrified face, her eyes was screaming the words "help me".

And so the boy answered the man. " y.. Yes.. " the words came out from a very coarse, dry voice. The boy finally spoke after years of staying silent. The man grinned. Who knew his master's words were right. As long as they get someone instead of something for him, the exceptional him would be back.

The man grinned, his smile showcasing all his teeth. "Good, very good, Puppet. You're such a good boy, just like how you were before. " the man spoke as he stood up and pet the little boy's hair. It was uncomfortable. The boy did not like it. He's got bad feeling something bad's gonna happen to him....again.