A Simple Braid

After taking the bus, Bakugo found himself at the entrance of a hospital. He held the strap of his bag tightly as he makes his way to the reception area.

As he enter, he was greeted by the strong scent of medicine. He made his way through the crowdy halls and climbed a few flights of stairs. Soon, he was right in front of the door of room 506, where patient Izuku Midoriya resides while in recovery.

Bakugo took a deep breath before stepping inside. As usual, the first scene that greets him is Pup standing still by the locked window. His restraints has been changed so now, he could atleast roam freely around the perimeter of the room.

Most of the time, he would be just staring outside the window. In the process, his provided blanket would fall into the floor after getting out of the bed. This time, it was neatly folded and placed onto the bed.

"You're here." A familiar voice greeted Bakugo. The voice belonged to the man wearing a hobo outfit sitting right next to the door. He had a cast and a few patches and bandages present on his body.

" Yeah, yeah. Why are you here this time, sensei? " Bakugo replies as he places his belongings on one of the vacant chairs.

"Continuing my investigation." Aizawa reasons as he leans forward. Bakugo knew he was lying. The man doesn't even hide the caring look he gives to the boy. Bakugo simply scoffed in reply while rummaging through his bag.

Soon, Bakugo pulled out a few combs and hair ties. He also bought a spray bottle, some scented oils, and clips just for extra. This time, he will surely tame that wild hair on Pup's head.

"Pup, come here. " Pup turned his head to the one giving the order, Bakugo, and soon walked towards him.

One thing they found out after spending hours with Pup is that he is unresponsive to anything and anyone for the most part unless it's a command. Bakugo can't even imagine what Pup went through to the point of him becoming like this. He used to be so lively.

'Alright, I bought extra tools this time. There's NO way in hell I still wouldn't succeed.' Bakugo got ready after making Pup sit in a chair. He whipped the comb on his hands as if they were daggers or something, he bit one tie with his lips and started this tedious job of tidying Pup.

"Want me to help? " Aizawa offers.

"Nah. I don't need it, I'm a Bakugo after all. " Bakugo spoke confidently.

A few painstaking hours passed by like seconds. Bakugo took a step back to appreciate his hardwork. Pup's hair was neatly styled into a simple braid. It was much better than before. Not only that, his hair also emitted the classic all-time Katsuki-favorite smell of Caramel.

Although, it is not without the cost of few combs breaking and ties snapping. But it was WORTH IT.

"Well damn. Look at you, not so bad, hah! I'm just the fucking best, ain't I? " Bakugo was proud and satisfied of his work.

Aizawa also took the initiative to take a closer look. "It looks good. Where'd you learn how to style hair? " Aizawa compliments.

"It's in my genes to be handsome and skilled in every aspect, heh. " Bakugo does seem to back what he just said. After all, he was always a top student in the class despite being arrogantly rude.

"Right, here. Have a look at yourself. You look much better now, don't you, Deku? It isn't so stuffy now that I tied your beast-like hair, isn't it?" Bakugo handed Pup a small mirror to have him look at himself.

To be honest, this was the first time Pup has taken a good look of his own appearance. He looks... Terrible.. How scared Eri must've been when she first met him. He was covered in these hideous scars.

He admits, he does look better now that his hair has been styled... Wouldn't this style look good in Eri? Pup can imagine Eri jumping around their room while her hair softly bounces on her back..

She would also be more comfortable especially when feeding time, Pup always noticed how Eri would move her hair away from her face... Feeding time with Eri was the most enjoyable time Pup could have. It's because he can witness Eri finally being relieved from hunger. He always feels full when he could see her eating well.. Is Eri eating well right now? How can Pup stay here in this comfortable room when Eri us out there, trembling due to the cold.. He's not there by her side to cover and warm her up with his wings.

Pup misses Eri...

"....."