Chapter 3

The two other people in the room, the blonde girl and white-haired mab remained silent. They simply hovered around near the boy, in case the blue-haired man do something.

After a few pats to the boy, the man smiled like a proud owner of a dog, satisfied of how his little pet acts. He then went and took a seat in front of the screens, spinning around a few times before facing a screen.

Meanwhile, the boy's attention was on the little girl. He slowly, carefully approached the girl, hoping not to scare her in any way. The boy is now a step away from the little girl, by this time, he didn't know what to do. While contemplating, the girl grabbed onto the boy's hand. Surprised by this action, the boy flinched then turned his face away from the stare of the little girl.

Then the blue haired man called for the boy. Still holding the girl's hand, he walked near to the man.

"Look here, Pup. This person will be your new caretaker. Now, don't attack her like you did to the previous one, if you don't want the consequences... "

On the screen, there was a girl with bright purple hair, antennas, and kind expression. She was in a white room, simply sitting on the corner beside a pretty big cage. She looked in the camera, in her perspective, it was flashing red indicating someone was watching so she waved hello.

"Her name is Aoi. I especially picked her now that we have little Eri here~."
The man added.

"But, before you meet her, you must first head in the testing chambers. You know the drill. Go to that mad 'doctor' and head next to the training hall, I'll be there. Eri will be waiting for you with the caretaker... Do not fail me again, okay, pup?"

The boy nodded. Definitely, he will surely not fail this time. Or else his new company will be hurt, he doesn't want that.

"I'll take him now." the white haired man suggested. "Its my schedule. "

The little girl let go of the boy's hand. The boy looked at the little girl once more before leaving the room with the man. That was their first meeting but it was brief. They will have their chance after he finishes with his tasks, surely..

After closing the door, the man decided to speak. "sigh.. That guy is really out of his mind. Just how did he become like that when we grew up in the same environment."

He continued to rant, however, the boy did not listen. He's usually this blank and the man is used to this. He even thinks that 'Pup' might've forgotten his name already. But he didn't bother reminding anymore, it's no use. He's become like this because of his 'brother' and he can't even do anything about it.

The sun has already set when they reach outside. Pup could see very well where they came from. It was a building with ruined parts and and some plants had already settled on the walls. It looked abandoned. Pup could see little plants to big trees around them. Where is this? He doesn't know.

After walking for a while, they reached another abandoned looking building but it was smaller than the other one. It seemed to have only 3 floors with the 3rd floor unhabitable because of the destruction. They entered the building and was greeted with dust and debris. The inside of the building was stripped with everything, it was simply an empty space with walls, dusts, some broken doors and debris that fell from the ceilings, and surprisingly some still working lights.

The boy followed the white haired man. He opened one of the doors revealing a stairs heading downwards. They descended, and passed through a hallway. After a few turns, they reached a path leading to a single door. They entered it and was met with the smell of strong medicine. 

Inside, there was a round old woman with a rat's tail waiting for them. She looked like the kind of grandma you would definitely help to cross the road.

She opened her arms in glee, with a wide smile, she welcomed the boy's return, "Welcome back, N-056, or should I say, PN-002! It has been a while, I'm glad now that you're back!" The grandma spoke as if she was talking to her grandson and as if all the other things around them including the area they are in aren't weird or/and suspicious.

The grandma stepped forward and grabbed both hands of the boy, she inspected his body with her eyes and smiled more lovely as if she was seeing her own grandson had finally grown up.

"I'll leave him to you, as usual, Marie. I'll be right outside." The man cuts in before leaving the boy alone with the weird woman and the other unnoticeable suited persons working around in the room.

As soon as the door clicked close, the grip of the seemingly old woman tightened and her expression turned into that of a crazed scientist wanting to learn more through experiments.

The boy however, Pup, didn't bother. The woman could squeeze as much as she can to the point of fracturing his bones in his hands but that still wont even make Pup flinch.

Pup was then pulled by the woman and tied to a modified chair, letting his unnoticeable useless little bat wings pass through the gap of his seat with the help of the other persons around. One with a empty syringe and took Pup's blood from his right arm, another sticked this little pads with wire all around his body, and another one placed this helmet-like apparatus on Pup's head. A few moment later, the person that ran off with Pup's blood came back and whispered to the ears of the woman.

This made the womans face distort uncomfortably to a face filled with craze and joy. Then she tasked the other persons to do something to Pup.

After a while, you could hear screams from the outside of these thick walls. Pup is in so much pain to the point of his nerves bulging, he painfully scrambled around but he couldn't do anything because he was tied tightly and he seemingly lacked the needee energy needed right at the moment.

A few hours later, Pup was guided out of the room by the woman. He had showered in sweat, his eyes are hazy and blood was present on his garments and on his mouth but it was messily wiped. Something new is present on Pup's body this time, he was slouching and in his back potruded a huge stained bright green wings faded to that shade of gold. It was huge, seems to be larger than Pup himself.

The woman with him however, had the same lovely and calm expression as before. She spoke so sweet, it was sickening. "It was a success!"

The woman continued to ramble, "Every single one was a success! And now, you are seeing the biggest change ever, these beautiful perfect wings came from the blood of a deceased child with red wings and was modified to perfection, I thought it won't work or its quality would decrease greatly but look! This boy really is the embodiment of the perfect vessel!"

"I do not wish to hear more, Marie. We'll get going to the next course, that blue haired bastard however would be delighted to hear these reports. " the man cut of 'Marie'. 

The woman simply nodded with the same gentle smile, vastly different from what she had shown to Pup when the man wasn't around.

Pup looked so drained, out of power, adding to that, this unfamiliar new weight he had to carry on his back. However, the day still hasn't eneded.