1

ocean blue eyes, lookin' in mine

SOFIA's POV : 

"Why do you hate Prince Hugo so much?" These were the exact words of Lucinda when I told her about my 'rivalry' with Hugo today in afternoon.

And wow, here I am, right in front of him in a ballroom where people are dancing.

The Universe really hates me, huh?

I decided to go in another circle and find someone else to dance but before I could even move a muscle, he grabbed me by my bare waist.

What the fuck? 

His forest green eyes looked straight into mine. I've always found his eyes very beautiful, though I'd never admit that to him.

Still, maintaining my composure, I glared at him and whisper-yelled at him, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"You shouldn't be having a foul mouth, princess. Those words don't suit your goody, innocent image." He replied.

"Cut the crap, Harrison. Why are you holding me like this?" I raised a brow at him, feeling my patience fade away at an alarming rate with his cocky ass. 

By now, the music has turned into a slow, romantic song. The circle dances have stopped and everyone looks lost with their partner. Everyone is enjoying with the love of their lives, yet here I am - having a cat fight with this spawn of Satan. 

"Like this?" He asked as he pulled me closer to him by my waist. My eyes widened as I felt my whole body pressed against his.

Jesus Christ, help. 

He leaned down to me and whispered into my ear, "Why don't you want me to hold you like this? Do you feel butterflies by this?"

I'm gonna lose my sanity tonight. 

"Shut up and tell me what you want?" 

"You." My eyes widened as I felt my soul leave my body.

What in the actual fuck is up with him?

He chuckled dryly and said, "Kidding, of course. Don't get your hopes high, princess." 

I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest.

Oof, he's hard. 

"It's nothing. Axel wanted me to stay civil with you, atleast for tonight. A lot of people have eyes on us due to our 'un-engaged' status. Now, keep your beef with me aside and let's act a bit normal for the sake of cameras, shall we?" He said as he swayed me while dancing.

I sighed in defeat, knowing that he was right, I muttered a small 'okay'.

HUGO's POV : 

Why is it so hot in here? 

The slow, romantic song was still playing in the background. 

I always hated balls. Heck, this is one the very few balls I attended in my whole 19 years of existence. But this time my parents forced me to come here. And for some unknown reason, Axel told me to stay 'civil' with Sofia tonight.