19

SOFIA's POV:

Trapped. That was exactly what I was feeling in the guest room. So after getting lost in the castle six times, I finally somehow managed to make my way into the Royal Gardens.

I sat on the grass and took a deep breath. It felt nice here, I felt at peace. But my peace didn't last long.

"Why're you always where ever I go?" I turned my head to find Hugo staring at me with an annoyed expression.

I sighed, "It's you who's always everywhere I go, Harrison." I'm still not mentally prepared to have a conversation with him. Not after what happened last night.

One look at him was enough for my mind to replay all those moments again.

His one hand on my waist, the other tangled between my hair, his lips on mine and his hair-

He sat beside me, which snapped me out of my thoughts.

Sofia, stop.

I told myself to stop thinking about yesternight, to stop thinking about him and his stupid face, but I couldn't. My chest tightened as even breathing around him felt so difficult. My skin felt too hot, like it was on fire.

I was acting like a stupid hormonal teenager, while what happened yesternight probably didn't even affect him in the slightest way.

No matter how much annoyed he makes me feel, I cannot deny that Hugo Harrison is good looking.

Really, really good looking.

"You're blushing." He snapped me out of my thoughts again, with that smug face he always likes to make, as if he was better than everyone.

"No I'm not." I glared at him.

A chuckle escaped his lips and he spoke, "Yes you are. Even a blind man could feel how red your cheeks look."

My cheeks heated up even more at his comment. I hated how he somehow always knew how to make me speechless.

He spoke again, this time with a smirk on his lips, "Hm . . . I wonder what's got you blushing like that. Maybe it has got something to do with yesternight?"

"What? I- No!" I lied almost immediately. I have been thinking about that kiss since it happened, but I won't let him know that.

Who does he think he is to keep me up all night with his thoughts?

His smirk grew even wider, "You're an awful liar. Just admit it, princess. You're still thinking about the kiss."

"You kissed me first!"

"Yes, and? Still doesn't change the fact that you're restless because of it." His stupid smirk grew even wider, if that's even possible.

"I-ugh!" I groaned. I hated my reaction towards his kiss. I am currently losing my mind because of him and he's so cool and normal about it like we're talking about the fucking weather.

Be real, Sofia. He's probably kissed more women than you could count on your fingers.

That thought brought me back to reality. I really needed to stop acting like a stupid hormonal teenager.

He was about to say something, and I could tell that by his expression. So I immediately cut him off, "By the way, do you know what the adults are talking about in the conference room?"

That wiped the smirk off his face in an instant. He became serious again and said, "I eavesdropped a bit on them when I came here. They were saying that it's safe to keep their kids AKA you guys here in our castle while the elders try to ease the tension in Eldorria."