20

are you ready for it?

SOFIA's POV:

That was it. We really were trapped. Hugo wasn't bluffing when he said they won't let us go. All elderly royals left, leaving us younger royals in the Menquezian Castle along with the royals of Menquez. We tried protesting, but no one listened as we were quite literally forced to be here.

But I wasn't going to quit just like that. I'll do whatever it takes to stop this.

Determined, I opened the doors of the guest room's chambers, to find two soldiers guarding the chamber.

One of them said, "Princess Sofia, do you need anything?"

"I wish to visit Prince Hugo."

Their eyes widened in shock at my reply. It was 9:30 pm right now, and my demand was outrageous.

Two engaged royals, alone, in a chamber? Smells like a case of teenage pregnancy begging to happen.

But I didn't care what they thought at this moment. I needed to talk to him.

"But, your majesty, he must be asleep. It's late at night." The other one tried to reason with me, but I wasn't in the mood to listen.

"I said, I need to visit Prince Hugo." I said, this time with my tone a bit firmer.

One of them spoke again, "But your majesty, Prince Hugo himself has given his guards orders to not let anyone, not even his family members in his chamber tonight. He wishes to stay alone."

"Does it look like I care? I am Prince Hugo's betrothed, his to-be-wife, and the future duchess of this empire. Take me to his chamber, now." I didn't mean to sound this harsh, but literally everything and everyone was getting on my nerves today.

They hesitantly looked at each other and nodded. The taller one spoke, "Okay. I'll take you to him, but please don't tell him how you got to his chamber."

I nodded, "I won't."

Satisfied by my answer, he took me to a chamber, which was also guarded by two soldiers. They whispered something amongst themselves, and one of them opened the door, signalling me to enter.

I entered the chamber and they shut the door behind me. I sighed as I made my way towards another door.

I opened it, and saw Hugo with a towel on his neck. His eyes snapped towards mine the moment he heard the door open and looked at me in shock.

"What're you doing in my chamber? And that too at this hour? Who let you in?" He questioned as he stood in front of the mirror and dried his wet hair with the towel. It seemed like he had just stepped out of shower.

I shut the room's door and went towards him. " That doesn't matter. We need to talk."

He sighed, "If this is about what we talked about in the afternoon, then I'm not interested to indulge in the conversation." He opened the door to his balcony and threw the towel onto the railing. He sat on his bed.

I went closer to him and spoke, "Atleast listen to me!"

He looked at me with a bored look, "Don't lie to me or yourself. You are not cut out for a battlefield. Not one bit."