14

inches in between us

SOFIA's POV :

"Oh my God!" I groaned in frustration for the hundredth time of the day.

The outfit Amber selected was really, really pretty. It was black, with matching black heels. I love it a lot, but there's one problem though.

My hair and this dang (a/n: deer. ifykyk) zipper.

I was zipping up the dress, but my absolute dumb ass forgot to pull my hair forward before doing so.

And now after a billion tries of getting my hair out of the zip, here I am. About to rip my hair off, go bald and ruin this dress completely.

I wished to call a maid to help me out, but there was no bell to call any maid present in this chamber.

Apparently you can get help only after clapping twice.

Which my dumb self did, and obviously, no one came here.

I was about to call someone to get me out of this mess, only to remember that I forgot both my bag and phone in Hugo's car.

Amazing, right?

I sighed and tried getting my hair out of the zipper, once again.

Try, try but don't cry, I guess?

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door and I whipped my head towards the door faster than Flash. I sighed in relief and moved towards the door.

It must be the Queen. She'll get me out of this mess.

Thank God.

I opened the door and my eyes widened upon looking who it was.

Freaking Hugo Harrison.

Seriously, why on Earth is he always near me?

"What're you doing here?" I questioned and he gave me the best 'are-you-fucking-serious' look I'd ever seen.

"In case you've forgotten, let me remind you. This is my castle and my mother's chamber." He said, stressing a little too much on the word 'my'.

"I know that, but still, why're you here?"

"To take you to Father's study. Your family is there as well." He said in a 'matter-of-fact' tone.

Oh shit.

They're here. Which means the ball has started and they'll announce our names soon.

"What's so 'oh-shit' about the ball getting started?" He asked and I froze.

Did I say that out loud?

"No. You just think too loudly." He said with a blank face.

"Oh . . . Uh . . Can you please send a maid here?" I asked as I remembered the deal with my dress.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Do you seriously think this is the best moment to ask for a maid to doll you up? You look like a human, and that's the only thing needed. Now c'mon." He grabbed my wrist and I yelped, "No!"