6

how the blood rushed into my cheeks

SOFIA's POV :

"You're blushing just by me carrying you on my shoulder . . . Why do you always blush when I'm close to you? Does it make you feel something? Do you feel your heart beating faster? Do you feel all those lovey dovey butterflies flying around in your stomach? Do you feel that blood rushing to your cheeks? You're already reacting like this to me . . What will you do when I kiss you on our wedding . . . ?"

The moment he said those words, I could've sworn that my lower jaw has possibly hit the ground.

Mind you, we're flying in air right now.

He laughed out so loud like I was the biggest clown of the century. Which I pretty sure was looking like right now.

"You should've looked at your face. Oh my lord, Sofia . . . " He continued to laugh like a maniac and my cheeks were red once again. This time, due to anger.

But I stopped myself from giving a nasty reply, realizing that this is the first time I've ever seen him laugh.

My eyes again widened upon the realization, and it hit me.

The Hugo Joseph Harrison. Laughing.

He stopped laughing and something in my chest twisted.

Who told him to stop laughing?

"Why're you looking like you just saw a ghost?" He questioned with his eyebrow arched upwards.

I'll never say that out loud, especially not to him, but he actually looks pretty hot while arching his brow.

"You . . You laughed." I answered and that was enough for him to look down and dwell on his thoughts.

My eyes lingered on his face, noticing the tiniest of details that I never cared to notice before.

The mole below his lips, the small scar on his left cheekbone and his long lashes.

Okay, maybe he looks good . . . Just a little bit.

I lost my balance as the carpet suddenly started descending downwards and a fast pace. A small yelp escaped my lips and I closed my eyes, preparing myself for falling flat on the ground and probably ruin my face.

But the impact never came.

I felt a pair of strong arms around me as my face hit something soft and remembered I wasn't alone. Hugo was here too. I opened my eyes and looked at him watching my intently. I was now grateful that Zandar paired us up to ride together.

How come he didn't lose his balance while here I was about to literally get my ass yeeted down?

The carpet landed on something made up of cotton and sponge which I couldn't identify for the life of me.

"Are you okay?" Worry laced his voice while his arms had still held me in a firm grasp. 

"Y-yeah . . .o-okay." My inability to form proper sentences without stuttering whenever I'm around him was clearly seen and all I wanted to do was die right on the spot.

His eyes roamed all around my frame, watching intently for any injuries and for the nth time of the day, I felt my cheeks heating up.

I don't know why but it's always been like that. Ten years ago, as kids, after he purposely made me fall from my horse, he asked me if I was okay and looked at me, checking if I had any injuries. Exactly ten years later, now as adults, he's doing the same thing now. Looking at me, checking if I was injured.