5

never meant to cause you a problem

HUGO's POV :

"Zandar, no."

"Hugo, yes." He kept on dragging me towards his castle despite my protests.

I don't have any one-sided beef with Zandar, his kingdom or his castle but I sure as hell have a huge one sided-beef with his idea of 'fun'.

My idea of fun included going out for travelling, horse-riding, fencing, ice-hockey and basically play every sport to ever exist. Meanwhile Zandar's idea of fun was totally different from mine.

In the years that I've known Zandar, I've seen him dye his hair to pink and get dreadlocks just because he wanted to piss his father off, burn down his father's car because he wanted to see what happens when you burn a car, kiss a random girl from a random kingdom because he wanted to see Hildegard's reaction, almost strip naked in his school because of a dare, brought a random woman into his castle because he found her pretty and later she turned out to be a murderer. He's obviously gotten into a lot of controversies but he doesn't really give a fuck.

Though he's gotten much better than his reckless-self since some stuff has been going on between him and Hildegard, I still don't trust him when he decides to randomly call me to have 'fun' in his castle while I was very peacefully sleeping.

"Jesus, at least tell me what the fuck you're planning to do?" Patience was leaving my body with every passing second.

This fucker wants to die today.

"And, we're here!" He pushed the doors open and I saw many familiar faces. 

Literally every single royal who once attended RPA.

What the fuck is this?

Zandar pushed me towards the group and everyone looked at me as if they saw a fucking alien.

I don't blame them for looking at me like that, though. I've never really been very close with anyone in RPA. Hell, this is my first time attending any RPA reunion. Even years later now in CSS, I don't have much friends. 

It's not that I'm totally alone. I do have casual friends but I've never been super close with anyone. People don't really talk to me because they want to but because of me being a Menquezian royal. And frankly, I don't socialize enough for people to know me well. 

I sound fucking depressed right now.

"Welcome to Tangu! Thank you for participating in this reunion. I've got such an awesome night prepared for us, and don't worry, your parents have been informed about your night stay . . . . "

30 MINTUES LATER

HUGO's POV :

"Are you kidding me right now?" The brunette beside me said with irritation etched all over her visage.

"Nope. Never. I'm not travelling with him." She continued and glanced at me like I was a monster.

What the fuck?

"Well it's not like I'm dying to sit with you on a fucking carpet and pull up some Alladin stunts for you." I rolled my eyes at her. God, why are girls so hard to deal with?

"You absolute as-"

"Guys. Guys. Chill down. I'm asking you both to travel in a carpet together, not marry each other. Geez." Zandar interrupted before the raging brunette could start yelling at me.

Oh, Zandar. If only you knew.

And yep, no one is aware of our engagement. Yet. 

"Zandar, please. No." Sofia looked like she was on the verge of a mental breakdown. It was hilarious, honestly. If it wasn't for the situation, I would've laughed at her. 

Before Zandar could say something, we heard James yelling from the sky while sitting on his carpet with Vivian, "Bro c'mon we're gonna be late."

"COMING!" He yelled at the sky and turned to us, "Okay, so guys. Please reach the Tangu Castle without murdering each other. Bye!" He dashed away from there, leaving me and Sofia alone.

"What now?" I said as I watched the look of pure horror on her face. 

"I'm still not riding with you." I closed my eyes and sighed, refraining myself from killing her right this instant. 

"We don't have any other option. Everyone has left and it's gonna be dark soon." I tried to smack some logic into her while she looked at me like I just spoke Latin. 

Oh, and did I mention that the carpet is a 'flying carpet'?

Great, I know.

"Why do you care anyways? Just go onto this carpet alone. I'll stay here." 

Christ.

"For fuck's sake Sofia stop being stubborn and let's just go. It's gonna be dark soon and you won't be safe alone." I don't care if we hated each other for some mistakes of our past. She was a damn girl who was insisting to stay alone in the dark. And Tangu is not doing very great at women's safety.

"No." That was my last straw. 

I bent down, lifted her up and put her on my shoulder. 

"What the heck Hugo? Put me down you idiot, I'm wearing a damn skirt." I pulled her skirt down with one hand and ignored all her protests while walking towards the carpet.

I carefully put her down on the carpet, ignoring all her glares and rode away the carpet.

"You moron, I'm not a sack of rice that you'll pick me up like that." She continued glaring at me as the carpet reached new heights. She kept on muttering profanities under her breath while fixing her skirt. The moment I felt that the carpet was stable, I turned to her.

"And what makes you think I can't carry you on my shoulder? I'm your fiancé, remember?" I said while looking into her eyes.

Her cheeks tinged up with red and her eyes widened.

I bit my cheeks to control my urge to laugh.

"B-but still . . . . Y-you can't d-do that . . " My urge to laugh increased even more. 

She looked like a cute little red tomato who was about to die from embarrassment. 

Adding fuel to the fire, I came closer to her and whispered slowly, "You're blushing just by me carrying you on my shoulder . . . Why do you always blush when I'm close to you? Does it make you feel something? Do you feel your heart beating faster? Do you feel all those lovey dovey butterflies flying around in your stomach? Do you feel that blood rushing to your cheeks? You're already reacting like this to me . .  What will you do when I kiss you on our wedding . . . ?"

{REVISED}