Level 28 - The Laboratory

Log Entry 29: I need to stop updating this log, it's slowing us down. I'll take a pause from it, and start focusing on more of our escape then tracking our status. I may come back to this later.

(Now through Anthony's perspective.)

We woke up in what seems to be an abandoned laboratory. We were all laying on the floor. Thankfully, we were together. But all grouped on the floor, slowly waking up.

"..." I look around the place, it looks like a..... Labaratory? My brain is really fuzzy from the constant noclipping through levels, it gives me a headache.

Suddenly I see everybody else on the floor, out cold.

"Hey guys? Wake up!"

They stay silent.

"They must be out cold, well I don't want to abruptly wake them up, I might as well look through the notebook and see if this place is an actually safe level."

I bring out my notebook and start writing.

Log Entry 30: We've landed in another level, an abandoned lab it seems. We all fainted the moment we landed here. I was the first to wake up, currently, nobody else has woken up. I'm currently searching through the notebook to see what level this is, it feels safe, but knowing the Backrooms, anything can happen. I'll check the notebook to see what this place is --- and anything about it.

Log Entry 31: So according to the notebook, we are in Level 28, also known as "The Laboratory", it kinda surprises me because we went to the next level after level 27, I expected us to land somewhere completely different from level 27, not right after it. But anyways, according to the notebook, this seems to be a completely safe place! No entities or nothing! We may actually be safe here! But, it also says the some of the machinery "comes to life" and turns into entities, yet that hasn't been proven yet... It also says that some of those "M.E.G." people are here and are always here making sure people don't come here... So someone else is here with us in this level... So then how did the author of the notebook even get here? They had to have come the same way we did... Otherwise they could've been kicked out. Possibly worse... This doesn't make much sense. Well I guess I have to explore this place if I'm sure it's safe..

I started to slowly get up and look around the lab, I made sure not to touch anything just to make sure that the machinery doesn't come to life and kill us all.

"This place looks safe, maybe it really is."

I made sure not to go too far from everybody else. But I explored at a good distance.

After about 15 minutes I went back to where Benjamin and everyone else was, and to my surprise, they had woken up!

"Anne!" Avery said. "Where were you?!?! We were scared!" Avery added.

"Yeah dude, we thought you ended up somewhere else in this place." Benjamin says.

"No, thankfully, I didn't. I ended up right beside you guys, but chose to explore a bit to see if this level is safe." I respond.

"Well... Is it?"

"Yes! It actually is. I think."

"Wait really?" Benjamin says. "This level is actually like no-entities-here safe?"

"Yes, well, I think. The notebook had said that this level is devoid of entities, and that it's safe. When I went looking out, I didn't see or hear anything really suspicious, anything at all, really."

"Well that's great!" Avery says.

"Wait, so what about all this science equipment and technology?" Amani says.