Level - The Hub

As I open the door, I'm greeted with nothing but a white void. In fact, it blinds me. I look back partially to free my eyes from the burning of the white void, and to check on the entities behind me.

They were close. Just within a few kilometers of me. Without thinking twice I closed the door on them to keep them out. But in the process, encasing myself in the white void. I thought it was all over. I would go blind then die of starvation, or worse, the entities will break through the door and end me before my blinding eyes. You know what? I'd like for the second option. I would like for my death to go quick and easy. I sat there and accepted my fate.

Until...

I feel light, as I fall through the floor again.

I was too scared to open my eyes, I thought they had broken through the door.

But after like a few seconds. I realized everything went quiet. No hostile entities breaking down the door or rapidly approaching my location. It was just... Quiet.

I liked the silence, it calmed me, but then I forcibly opened my eyes, and what I saw was...

Like a tunnel. Like those tunnels where you drive your cars through. Those tunnels.

I quickly got up and looked around the place to see if I'm safe, and it looks to be that way.

I walk down the tunnel and see hundreds, thousands of doors, each labeled with a number.

Each door was locked, with a lock on them. It looked like I needed a key for each of the doors, the only ones that didn't have a lock on them, were doors "1" and "11".

I was curious as to where these doors led, but my instincts told me not to --- almost as if I'd suffer even more than I have. So I chose to ignore them, for now. I feel like I'll be opening these doors later. But for now, I'll have to explore a bit more.

I eventually realized that these doors will go on forever, and ran back to the "0" door. Where to the right of it, I saw what looked like a faculty door. I thought this was something M.E.G. related, so I opened the doors.

I see a bunch of stands, like food, water, and supplies stands. With people in them. I walk up to one of the drinks stands.

"Hello?"

"Hello! What would you like?" The trader said.

I checked through my pockets and unsurprisingly realize that I have no money.

"Dang it, I have no cash."

"It's fine man," he then gives me some regular water. "It's on the house, were all in this together." He adds.

I give thanks to the trader, I was going to leave, but then I remembered.

"Hey," I looked around, there was no one else in line, so I continue on. "Where am I? What is this place?"

He then looks at me.

"Oh, so you're new here? Well this is The Hub. It's a secret level/area within the Backrooms. It's not numbered, just a secret level. The Hub contains thousands of doors that lead to every level in the Backrooms, they're all numbered just so you know. This place has no entities, they all disappear upon arriving here. People that noclip here finally have a safe place to survive and rest." He says.

"Oh. So I see that some survivor bases are set up here, is there like a M.E.G. base set up here?"

"No, some of the bases have been trying to communicate with M.E.G. for years, in fact, a few M.E.G. soldiers noclipped here, and told us what levels their bases are set up in, but in order to get there, we need a level key, and only the Keymaster wields those."