Echos of the past

Open in the middle of a mystical forest, during a boiling rainstorm. A small, furry creature peeks out from a log when, then hides back in when a hooded woman runs past. She runs into a ruined building to seek shelter from the boiling rain and pull their hood down, revealing herself to be a younger Eda, with shorter ginger hair with lighter streaks.

She looks at her cape, annoyed that the rain had burnt holes in it. As she starts to walk further in, unbeknownst to her, a pair of glowing yellow eyes appear from a crevice within a pile of fallen rocks.

Eda wanders further into the ruins, past a cluster of stacked rock formations, when a shadowy figure runs past in the foreground, startling Eda.

Young Eda: *Brandishing her staff* Who's there? Reveal yourself!

Cut to a perspective view from this mysterious figure, approaching Eda from behind. Eda turns around and gasps.

In the present, Luz and AJ are in the Owl House. Luz is studying and experimenting with glyphs in a notebook and AJ is helping Lilith with drawing spare glyphs in case they get into a fight in the near future or just for everyday things.

Luz: Hmmm...

She starts drawing a glyph, but scribbles it out. She makes a frustrated grunt.

King and Millie both dive through, tumbling books over.

King: Luz, we need you and AJ's help! I think Francois is trying to start a rebellion.

Pan to the couch, covered in King's plushies. Francois is sitting in the center on a pillow. After a beat, a jagged dagger with a red gem on the hilt falls out from behind him.

AJ: *Startled seeing this* What the- wha?

Millie: Mreow.. *Hisses at Francois*

Luz: In a minute, King. I'm getting so close to figuring out this glyph combo.

King: It's always glyphs and portals with you guys these days. What about King and Millie?

Millie: Meow..

Luz: Why don't you guys ask Lilith for help? She was in the Emperor's Coven. She has more experience with unruly mobs than anyone.

Lilith is kneeling at the desk, extremely focused on drawing a glyph with a red paintbrush. She's bent over, eyes only a short distance from the paper. Her hair is messy and the whites of her eyes are huge, with tiny irises. AJ is sitting next to her and watches this a little concerned for her mental health.

Lilith: *Giggling giddily* Watching the ink dry is the best part.

King grunts in disapproval.

AJ: *Finishes sketching a fire glyph* I think, you need to go outside for a few hours.

Hooty: *Giving Lilith a mug* A fresh cup of tea for my favorite cup of tea. That's you, Lulu.

Lilith smooths her hair, and her eyes are back to normal.

Lilith: Hootsifer, you truly are a gem. *Pets his head* How do you always know what to do?