Them's the breaks, kid

Outside the Owl House, Luz, AJ, are outside trying new glyph combinations found from the film pictures in Philip's diary with Cassandra, Millie, King, and their echo mouse with them.

Cassandra was training with AJ's bo staff with Shelldon attached, King and Millie sat next to each other with the echo mouse on top of King's head.

Luz and AJ both had their own notepads in hand. Luz was writing if the newly discovered glyph combos were safe to use, and AJ was making a possible new glyph combo idea in his.

The first combo used from the diary, the following combination casts a small whirlwind using a light glyph in the outer circle and an ice glyph in the center, surrounded by three fire glyphs.

The second combo creates a small water fountain using three ice glyphs in the outer circle and a fire glyph in the center circle, connected by three curved lines that swirl into the center.

The third one is a petrification glyph that turns the toy on top of it into stone. This glyph combination has three ice glyphs and two plant glyphs connected by one line.

Luz is then shown drawing a fourth glyph beside the petrification glyph. This glyph combo uses two plant glyphs and two fire glyphs.

Luz: *Finishes drawing the glyph* Alright, maybe it's this one!

She activates the glyph, and a monstrous claw sprouts from it. Luz, upon seeing it, screams in surprise as AJ takes action, dropping his notepad and pulling her away. Eda instantly bursts through the door, with her staff in hand, and destroys the claw, which turns into goo, which splatters Owlbert, King, Millie, AJ, and Luz.

Luz: Safe!

Her, AJ, Millie, and King wipe/shake the goo off their faces and fur.

Luz: *Looks from Eda to AJ* Thanks, guys. *Grabs her notepad and a pencil* That was.. definitely not the one.

Crosses out the glyph on her notepad and labeling "NO" next to it. Along with her note had results for the glyph combos, the words, "Windy! Cool!" Had an arrow pointing to the whirlwind glyph, "Water fountain? Not powerful." Next the water fountain glyph, and "Petrification = BAD." Next to the petrification glyph combo.

Eda picks up the petrified miniature toy, but a second after she picks it up, it crumbles into dust.

Eda: Eugh. *Shivers* What are you kids doing out here?

Luz: I started going through Philip Wittebane's diary again.

AJ: *Picks up his notepad and pencil* And I believe I have a new glyph combo that could help us.

He rips out the page with his experimental glyph combo. It consists of two ice glyphs, two plant glyphs, and one light glyph connected in a line.

He picks up a small rock beside him and places his experimental glyph onto the glyph. A green light surrounds him for a second before the light moves onto the rock.

Once he removed his hand off the glowing rock, the glyph and green light started flickering, green sparks come off of the glyph, and finally, the light and sparks extinguish.

Everyone stared at the failed glyph for a moment before looking to him.

Millie: Meow. [Nothing happened.]