Through the looking glass ruins

Open on Gus sitting in the hallways of Hexside, a few bandages on his face, crouched on the floor with his head buried in his arms. Luz and AJ, hand in hand walk up to him with worried looks.

Luz: Hey, Gus. You okay?

Gus: I-I messed up bad, Luz. Willow just needed help with this pixie problem, right? So I thought, oh, that I'll lure them away with an illusion. But then...

AJ: And that just angered the pixies, and they attacked Willow. We heard, *Reassurence *but Willow will be alright.

Gus: I moved up two grades. What's the point of being good at this if I can't do anything good with it?

AJ: Gus, you've done plenty of good with illusion magic. If anything, you're the best illusionist we know.

Luz: He's right, It was an honest mistake. Besides, Willow's tough as nails. I'm sure you'll both be feeling better tomorrow.

Cut to Gus laying on the floor of his bedroom, presumably tomorrow. He groans.

Soon his crystal ball caws and beeps. It shows a prerecorded message of King.

King: *On recording* I'm not reading this.

Gus: *On recording, offscreen* Come on, King. Please?

King: Ugh, fine. *Clears throat* Is that a six-footed pig or a floating appendage? Why, no! *Gus, wearing a cape, hops on screen* It's Gus the Illusion Master. Please leave a message.

The video turns to Willow, her arm in a cast.

Willow: *On recording* Hey, Gus. Thanks for sending me all those "Get well soon" illusions but, uh...

Three tiny illusions of Gus jump onto her shoulders and head.

Illusion Gus #1: Willow! How are you feeling? Do you have a fever?

Illusion Gus #2: Willow, you want me to sing for you? Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi...

Illusion Gus #3: Willow, is this helping?

Willow: Can you please take them back?

Gus groans. The crystal ball shuts off. Gus rolls onto his stomach and traces a spell circle, summoning his illusion to stand in front of him.

Illusion Gus #1: Where's Willow?

Illusion Gus #2: Why are we here?

Illusion Gus #3: Did we do bad?

Gus blows the illusions away. Someone knocks on a door. He gets and opens the front door to find Luz and AJ.

Luz: *Raises fists* Gustopher! *Finger points* Gusteban! *Leans on AJ's shoulder who grows a blank look* Augustabeth! Any of those working for you?

Gus: You guys need my library card to visit Amity, don't you?

Luz: *Laughs self-consciously* I haven't been doing a good job of hiding that, huh?

Gus and AJ shake their heads at her.

Luz: Well, I was also hoping to do a little bit of... research! Come on! *Drags Gus snd AJ away*