Confronting Her

Anubhav was waiting for her in the cabin. He gets to know about her arrival when he hears people saluting her outside. His eyes gleam with pride for her. All the respect she has gained in the city.
He feels no shame in accepting local people know her more than him. They admire her for her wits, her emotions, and the ways she solves cases. She had duly served them more than him and in more intimate ways.

HM- Dhanya bhaag humare jo aap yaha padhare...

She says with a smile. She know he is stressed with Sneha. All these years he had been in guilt of ruining the 'happy her'. And now he was suspicious over her. Knowing that she had loved him at some point of her life, all of this worries her more but she brings up a smile.

AS- kya Haseena ji aap bhi!

HM- Haseena ji🤨 Duty mode me toh nahi dikh rahe aap humme ( he was holding a tiffin )

AS- ab kya kare humari biwi ki khuch ichaaye jag rahi thi ki unka pati unki thodi seva kare, toh thoda duty se side hokar samay nikalna padata hai. Waise bhi aap senior hai humari... (Rolling her eyes at first but then,

She holds his palm and mumbles 'Thank You and I love You' simultaneously. Her thumb rubs in circles. It kind of relaxes him. He sighed stretching back in his chair.

AS- Sneha se milkne ja rahe hai hum...

HM- pehle humare saath lunch kijye phir jayega.

(She opens the lunch books, serving both of them)

AS- kya baat hai aaj kal oiling check nahi hoti is cabin ki?

HM- (she smiles a bit) ye case khtam hone dijye janab. Sabhi abhi serious mode mein hai aapke suspension ko leke.
Aur sabhi ko ye bhi lagta hai ki pakka hum dono khuch alag game khel rahe hai

He shook his head.

AS- apni team se kahiye ki apni utam abhinay jari rakhe warna hum sabki (he rephrased his words pausin a little) sabke liye dikkat ho jayegi.

HM- hmm. Ek din Vikrant ke saath kya rahe uski boli pakadne laga. Dekhiye hum cheta rahe hai aapko apne uski shabdavali pakdi toh humse bura koi nahi.

AS- gusse me aur bhi zyada pyaari lagti hai aap (he caresses her hand in sensuous manner to change the topic but she slaps it away.)

Both smile.

__________

Sneha was video-calling to her husband on her I Pad.

Sneha- So how are you both? All good.

Amita- (her daughter. She is adopted. 16 year old) Mumma. I am too tired. Goodnight will talk to you tomorrow (she mumbles half sleepy and then puts her head back on her father's lap)

S- Good Night Amy (she chuckled)

Sneha waits for a while until he puts her to sleep and then walks outside the room to talk to his wife.

S- Sab sahi chal raha hai na Himanshu?

H- Haan Haan, Mrs. Tiwari no stress of us please

S- Neck pain ho raha hai na?
(Seeing the orthopaedic gel on the dining table) WFH se opt out karlo na...Manage karlegi Amy. Half of the time would pass in her school and TT class. Zyada problem ho jayegi (concerned)

H- Leave it na yaar. Ab toh khuch hi dino ki baat. (He say relaxing on the couch) Waise you met him?🤨

S- Yes. Both of them. (She knew he would tease her) Anubhav ki wife se bhi. Haseena. Very sweet and charming.

H- I thank her, for you (chuckled)

S- Shut up haan! Mai high-school-kid nahi hu jo tum mujhe humesha mere first ke baare me chedte raho.