The Growing Arguments

One and a half years later, almost a month before Diwali.

The life of our beloved couple hasn't changed much, apart from the last few days. The days after Anubhav's Delhi return were all lovey-dovey. Anubhav had rejoined as DSP and only a few months later he was promoted to SP.

Before that, just 10 days after Anubhav's rejoining, Haseena was permanently transferred to Head-Quarters. Though they had some time for office romance and her being seen for the next DSP soon, she missed her MPT team, the innocence and power it held. Accepting, it was good both for her and Karishma's professional growth she adjusted to her new role quickly.

Ammi's health has been good but Maa's diabetes got a little bad. Nothing changed, just the old stubborn child got her children to act as the strictest parents, Only for Ammi to sometimes smuggle sweets to her- on festivals.

CheetOsh had a proposal no one ever thought of, Alisha-Vicky's Son, Yash has very recently turned one. Anuradha and Hardik are happy and engaged. And a lot has changed in Karishma's home too.

Anubhav and Haseena had fought, against each other, for each other keeping their relationship a perfect mix of highs and lows...until now, when it is hitting low on a continuous basis.

The past month has been a homecoming for guests, first his Mamiji and then her Chachaji and Mansi, leading to no time for eachother and growing fights and miscommunication.

AnuSeena's Home ~

AS- Haseena ek minute, please fatafat aaiye hume late ho raha hai. (He huffed searching for a bank application he brought yesterday)

HM (from downstairs)- aa rahe hai...

5 minute or ruk jate, kyu cheekh rahe h?

AS- humara off nahi hai aaj, late ho raha hai, HQ wapis Jana h. Bank ka lunch time bhi hone wala hai. Ab aapke paas toh time hai nahi, paise kat rahe hai na usme dhyaan, na humare liye. Busy jo tehri ( he mocked her )

HM- aise taane kyu de rahe hai? Aap jante hai, ghar me mehmaan hai. (She said coldly)

AS- agar aap humse behes karne ke liye samay nikal rahi hai, toh hum ja rahe hai..(he said harshly and left)

She gazed at him leaving in an angry mood and empty stomach. After his promotion his lunch time and office hours were relaxed, given his seniority. Whenever, he came back home, he had lunch and left.

Maybe it was a test of time she thought. Sighing she went back downstairs, quickly mixing again with his chachaji and Ammi.

Maa had witnessed the change in his behaviour. She knew there were many things about Haseena's chachaji Anubhav didn't tell her. The manly charterstic of pride had never left him, he had always kept the thing that he was once appointmented to kill him down. That for once Haseena was only his pawn. He had never forgotten it, nor let her son.

It was more of a relationship of respect rather out of love from her son's side. Maa sometimes thought of talking it out to Haseena but rather chose to pray that this doesn't affect their relationship.

___________

Night Time,

Remembering his day's taunt Haseena returned to room early after Dinner, not their usual time but earlier than these days. But as she entered and settled her bedside, he closed the book he was reading and pulled up the duvet.

She frowned but maintained her calm and slowly slid her hand between the space of his waist and arm as his back faced her. He stiffened in her grasp. He wanted to hold and touch her intimately but the arguments with her had clouded his thinking.

HM- Anu, hum jaldi aaye aaj ab aap nakhre dikha rahe hai (though she was irritated and tired she tried to say this in a playful tone while kissing along his neck but he pushed her back)

She was shocked with his action. Sex, was not only an answer to their desires or attraction towards each other, it carried intimate value. And rejection in such a harsh way from him broke her heart. She could feel it was not 'the mood' but his anger.

AS- aehsaan aapka aap humare liye samay nikal paayi lekin humare sone ka samay hai

Haseena felt like shouting at him but she couldn't, tears made her way as she was tired of this. Wiping them on her own she sat, forcing him to look at her. His eyes softened. Her tears were his biggest weakness even if he was pissed of, he tried to grab her palm but she nudged him away with same intensity- Harsh. Anubhav closed his eyes calming his nerves.

HM- kyu aisa behave kar rahe hai, Anubhav?

AS- hum kar rahe hai? Aap humare saath aise behave kar rahi hai...peechle ek mahine se?!

HM- Jab aapki Maami ji ki wajha se hume der ho rahi thi tab toh aapko humara samay na dena nahi khal raha tha. Ab Chachaji aagaye toh aapko gussa chad raha hai, aapko dikkat kya hai unse. Kya humne kabhi Maa ke saath aise behave kiya? 

( she said angirly in frustration. Before he could speak, she said again) 

Ya aap humse frustrated hai because we are not indulging?

He closed his mouth as soon as it opened for a reply. He was hurt, never thinking she would allege him so low?

Seeing him flustered and rebound she realized her words and tone. But it was done. She could not manage with his coldness anymore.

AS- sabse pehle humari Maa ko aap ladayi ke beech me laayi toh humse bura koi nahi hoga. Aap humse aise puchti hai jaise aapne kabhi dekha nahi aapke chacha ji kaisa vyavhaar karte hai humse, ek seema hoti hai sab cheezo ki Haseena. Hume bhi woh khuch adhik pasand nahi hai lekin iska matlab ye nahi  jab mile hum unhe mazak ke roop me kadvi baate bole. Aur jab Maami ji aayi thi hum aapki puri madad karte the, ab bhi karte hai. Bas farak ye hai ki Appke chacha ji ke samne aapko hum nazar nahi aa rahe hai. Hum mamaji ke saamne humesha aapki side lete hai par aap ye bhi nahi samajh pati ki unki baate hume kis tarha effect karti hai.

Or Haseena apki akhiri baat pe hum khuch bolna bhi nahi chahege... kyuki phir humr bhi nahi pata hum aapko kya-kya keh jayenge. ( he tride to control but couldn't ) aap hi chahti tha na humara honeymoon phase kabhi khatam na ho...lekin aapne kya kiya hai uske liye? Bataye akhiri baar kab aapni kisi cheez ka initiative liya? Jab hum Delhi se aaye tab? Aap khud ek saal baad bhul gayi humari relationship ko special maan na.

(his eyes were red till now, he was fighting back tears. Not getting any reply from her he picked his pillow and taking a duvet from cupboard)

HM- Anubhav...( she almost broke down ) 

AS- Yaha hi Haseena. Aapke rishtedaro ko pata nahi lagne denge ki unki wajha se humare mai ladayi ho rahi hai.

She watched him lay uncomfortably on the sofa. His eyes were closed so he could not see her and feel guilt ridden. She sobbed silently until both slept with a heavy chest.

Do vote and leave a comment <3