Episode 10: Resurgence Of The Cybermen

[INTRO THEME]:

For decades, man has always been fascinated with machines. The first machine ever built, the water wheel, was used for grain milling purposes. Early machinery was used to benefit and help with construction and transport, such as the Coalbrookdale Locomotive, the first full scale steam locomotive. Centuries later, machines evolved, now using electricity, and more recently, artificial intelligence. You'd think this would benefit and aid humanity, and you'd be correct. However, there's a darker side to machinery, an evil, more sadistic side, something that goes against everything we stand for. This concept of machines built to help the people began as a revolutionary thing, but quickly became a path to pure monstrosity, darkness and outright terror throughout the galaxy. 

Enter The Cybermen, Iggy and Rex's current enemy. Once humans like you and I, with emotions now removed and only a brain stuck inside a cold, metal body. For as long as they could remember, The Cybermen were always in Herotown, trying to convert the population and enslave humanity. It wasn't until their college years that Iggy and Rex put a stop to their plans for conquest. However, more bases were built over the years, until a spacecraft containing elite war Cybermen were taken down by the duo. Not long after, a weather facility was hijacked by the metal fiends, alongside Team Plasma, but that was quickly taken care of in a rescue operation Tom and his new friend, N. Tom had recovered a disc containing secret plans and blueprints belonging to The Cybermen, which is where this story begins. 

On the outskirts of Herotown, there are petrol stations that lorries deliver to. The lorries would deliver petrol and other items that could be purchased in the shop. One late afternoon, Richard,one of the truck drivers, pulled into the petrol station and started to unload the back. The truck was full of crates and other packaged goods.

Richard: Last stop for the day 

Richard walked to the back of the lorry to unload everything. The station was strangely quiet, with only the sounds of the busy highway and the buzzling lights from above could be heard. Something else felt not quite right, either. Little did Richard know that a cyberman had emerged from the darkness, with only its centerpiece glowing plasma blue. Once it limped into the light, it turned out to be a lone cyberman. Lone Cybermen were recon scouts that struck silently and took humans for conversion, and this one had its eyes on Richard. Richard turned around, immediately seeing the metal giant standing over him.

Richard: What the hell are you supposed to be? 

Cyberman: YOU WILL BE UPGRADED

Richard: *mocking* Oh, I get it. Funny costume! Halloween isn't for another few months now. Cybermen aren't scary anymore. Just an urban legend 

Cyberman: *scans* DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETE. SCAN DETERMINES YOU ARE NOT COMPATIBLE 

Richard: *imitates* EH! I AM CYBERMAN, DELETE, DELETE! DEL-

But before Richard could finish his sentence, the cyberman grabbed him and electrocuted Richard to death. His body shook violently, unt it he was just a slab of meat on the ground. The cyberman looked down at his lifeless body, and limped off into the shadows.

The next morning, the murder was all over the news and the press. An image from CCTV was made available, showing the murder before if happened. Nobody knew what to make of it. The headline read in big, black bold text "KILLER ROBOTS ON THE LOOSE".

Iggy: *slams fist onto breakfast table angrily* Cybermen! 

Iggy, Rex and Tom were having their breakfast. Tom was eyeing the morning paper whilst drinking a cup of coffee, as he usually did. Rex was munching on some toast, coated in marmalade, whilst Iggy was observing the front of the paper.