Chapter Four: Press Conference

. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER FOUR ⁺◟༉ . . .
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩
PRESS CONFERENCE
proud

❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩ PRESS CONFERENCE ❛proud❜

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

Lydia pulls back from her dad and looks at him worriedly seeing the cuts on his face, bruises, and his arm in a sling.

"Daddy are you okay?" Lydia asks him worriedly as Tony smiles at her kissing her forehand.

"Right now with you I am," Tony tells Lydia who smiles at him brightly.

"Watch it, coming up here," Rhodey says as the medical officers approach with a stretcher, however, Tony quickly shakes his head.

"Are you kidding me with this? Get rid of them," Tony says as he gets up and picks Lydia up with one arm holding her close to him.

Tony smiles remembering how neither would let the other out of the other's site for a while after that.

The two head toward Pepper who was standing with slightly red eyes.

"Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?" Tony asks her as Lydia smirks at the two.

"Oh no. That's her I'm planning something smirk," Rhodey says making everyone who has seen that smirk nod. It usually didn't end that well for them not her though.

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting," Pepper tells him smiling at Tony who nods.

"Yeah, vacation's over," Tony tells pepper as Lydia shakes her head.

"I didn't like this vacation," Lydia tells Tony hugging him tightly as Tony kisses her forehead.

"I know cuddly bunny," Tony says as they make their way to their car. Happy was waiting next to the door with a relieved smile on his face as he shook Tony's hand.

"Welcome home, sir," Happy says making Tony smile at them before looking toward Lydia.

"It's good to be home," Tony says as he got in the car. Happy sat in the driver's seat. Once seated he looked at his rearview mirror, smiling at the sight.

Lydia was sitting on Tony's lap hugging him tightly not wanting to let go as Tony rests his chin on the top of her head.

"Where to, sir?" Happy asks Tony but before Tony could answer Pepper does. 

"Take us to the hospital, please, Happy," Pepper says making Tony immediately shake his head.

"No," Tony tells her making Pepper sigh.