Chapter Ten: My Dad's Iron Man

. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER TEN ⁺◟༉ . . .
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩
MY DAD'S IRON MAN
eyepatch man

❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩ MY DAD'S IRON MAN❛eyepatch man❜

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

On the television, Lydia watches the live coverage of the press conference that was in the room beside her. Lydia watches as her uncle Rhodey gets on the podium.

"You've all received the official statement of what occurred at Stark Industries last night. There have been unconfirmed reports that a robotic prototype malfunctioned and caused damage to the arc reactor. Fortunately, a member of Tony Stark's personal security staff...," Rhodey says as Tony reads a newspaper and Pepper helps cover the scratches and bruises on his face.

Lydia stops watching TV and goes towards her father. Tony happily hugs Lydia as the blonde looks at the newspaper he was reading.

"WHO IS IRON MAN?"

With that, there was a picture of the suit under the headline.

"Iron Man," Lydia reads making Tony look at and nod.

"That's sort of catchy, but it's technically not accurate. The suit is gold-titanium alloy," Lydia tells her dad who nods agreeing with her.

Tony laughs at his daughter with a bright smile on his face.

"Here's your alibi," Agent Coulson says as he walks up to Tony handing him a set of note cards.

"You were on your yacht. We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night going on a family trip, and sworn statements from 50 different crew members," Agent Coulson tells Tony who nods.

"Just read it, word for word," Agent tells Tony who nods going through the cards.

"There's nothing about Stane here," Tony says looking up at Coulson who nods.

"That's being handled. He's on vacation. Small aircraft have such a poor safety record," Coulson tells him making Lydia smile as she nods.

"But what about the whole cover story that it's a bodyguard? He's my... I mean, is that... That's kind of flimsy, don't you think?" Tony asks Coulson worriedly.

"It is sort of flimsy," Peggy says agreeing as Tony points to her.

"Thank you!" Tony tells his godmother who smiles at him.

"This isn't my first rodeo, Mr. Stark. Just stick to the official statement, and soon, this will all be behind you. You've got 90 seconds," Agent Coulson tells him before smiling at Lydia as he leaves.

"Agent Coulson? I just wanted to say thank you very much for all of your help," Pepper tells him with a thankful smile.

"That's what we do. You'll be hearing from us," Agent Coulson tells her.