Chapter Eight: No Matter The Cost

. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER EIGHT ⁺◟༉ . . .
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩
NO MATTER THE COST
another suit

❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩ NO MATTER THE COST❛another suit❜

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

"Lydia?! Tony?" Rhodey yells as he runs into the dark mansion.

Rhodey notices the items scattered all over the floor making him even more worried than he already was.

He knew Tony wouldn't go down without a fight to protect Lydia. With that in mind, he rushes towards where he thought Tony might be.

"They would have too. To get my daughter they would have to go through me first," Tony mutters with a dark look on his face remembering this.

"Tony?!" Rhodey calls louder as he runs into Tony's workshops. There he found Tony on the floor pale and gasping for breath.

Maria gasps as she tries not to cry as she squeezes Howard's hand.

"Tony? Tony?!" Rhodey screams as he runs over to Tony and bends down next to him.

"Tony, open your eyes! Come on, man!" Rhodey says as he sees Tony's deadly pale complexion, the sweat covering his forehead.

In his chest was a new arc reactor; it was working while his chest rose a lot while he struggled to breathe.

Suddenly, Tony's eyes open, and he looks around wide-eyed.

Maria says in relief holding back her tears and seeing her son alive.

Tony extends his hand and grabbed Rhodey's, his fingers digging into his jacket.

"Where is she?" Tony asks as Rhodey looks at him sadly.

"I didn't make it in time. She's gone," Rhodey says as Tony shakes his head before his jaw clenched.

"He took her," Tony says wiping away his tears as his face falls completely and Rhodey sees the heartbroken look on his best friend's face.

"I know. She called me. I heard everything," Rhodey tells Tony as he rests a hand on his shoulder.

"But we'll get her back, Tony. She's a smart girl, she'll be fine. We'll get her back," Rhodey tells her looking Tony in his eyes as a shaky breath comes from Tony.

"He said he was going to kill her," Tony says as his voice breaks as he remembers his daughter being taken from him as he laid there helpless hearing her screams for him.