Eight

Chapter Eight: Born To Be Wild1x10: The Popular Kids

1x10: The Popular Kids

*Trigger warning*

Massanutten Mountain, Virginia

A couple is running in the forest. A guy with black hair and a grey jumpsuit with a green shirt underneath and his girlfriend with a black jumpsuit and blonde hair with a white shirt underneath.

"How much farther?" She pants.

"What?" The boyfriend replies quickly as they turn down a corner.

"Are we almost done?" She pants.

" You want to stop?" He questions.

"No."

"Let's rest a while." He suggested stopping and taking a break.

" I promised I wouldn't slow you down. You go ahead. I'll catch up." She says through heavy breaths.

"I can wait." The boyfriend says as the girl rolls her eyes.  Hands pressed firmly to her lips.

"Adam, please. It's your workout. Go. I'll meet you at the point." She orders as he kisses her softly.

"You're out of shape, cheerleader." He quips earning a slight chuckle from the blonde.

"Oh, yeah? Let's see you do 3 backflips and land in the splits."

"The point?" He says she nods and replies with  "The point." As he takes off.

She pants more and takes a seat on a nearby tree stump fixing the laces on her shoes as a few branches break in the distance. Her head turned quickly in that direction. Looking around at her surroundings she sees no one continuing to fiddle with her shoe laces. As more branches snap again. As he looks around again her heart races.

"Hello? Is somebody there?" She calls out standing from the tree stump.

"Adam... If you're trying to scare me, I'm gonna kill you." She says as more tree branches break. She takes off through the forest, her legs running faster than before. She races through the trees and down a steep hill before reaching the point. Where she told Adam she would meet him.

The blonde heaves a sigh looking at Adam lying unconscious on the ground. She slides down the hill to him panting harder this time.

"Adam? Adam. Adam! Adam! Oh, my god. Adam, please wake up. Adam." She places her hands on both sides of his head lifting it slowly to see that he was bleeding.

"Baby, please, baby. Please! Noooo!" She screams. As the killer approaches.

//

Eden walked into the bullpen with a yawn, her bag slung off her arm. She went straight for the kitchen. Derek and Reid standing there. Pouring her cup of coffee both hands clasped around the mug as steam swells from the cup.