Four

"I can take it" Chapter Four: Bring on the Pain04x03:Minimal Loss

"I can take it"
Chapter Four: Bring on the Pain
04x03:Minimal Loss

*Trigger warning*

A news reporter stands in front of a camera. A small church is behind him in the frame.

"This is a special report from la Plata county, colorado. We're reminded of Jim McKay's words from Munich-- Our greatest hopes and our worst fears are seldom realized. Let's hope it's not the latter as we wait to hear the fate of the women, children, And F.B.I agents inside the building."

The church behind him blows up, turning into an orange cloud of dust.

"Jim, are you getting this?" he asks his cameraman. Continuing to record

3 days earlier...

La Plata County Colorado

"He comes into my bedroom and lays with me. He says it's god's will. I'm only 15. And I'm not the only one. Please help me!"

Reid and Eden were driving in a car on their way to investigate a man who the group was told was abusing teenagers. There were supposed to be three of them but Emily called in sick at the last minute so it was Reid and Eden going because this is the area they all specialized in and it's better to travel in groups. The man in question was the leader of a cult and we were told to tread with caution as we drove down a dirt road.

POSTED NO TRESPASSING KEEP OUT

Eden was sitting in the passenger seat. Reid, who had the case file in his hand. Would lean forward in between the seats. Wearing one of his many seater vests his hair was slicked back with hair gel. It was slicked back so much that the top of his hair was crunchy to the touch which made her laugh. Nancy was driving the car.

"Tell us about the 9-1-1 call," Reid says looking down at the file Eden read over his shoulder.

"I believe that they referred to the church's leader, Benjamin Cyrus," Nancy says.

" Benjamin Cyrus-- no criminal record. No record at all, really. What else do you know about him?"

" It's rumored that he's practicing polygamy and forced marriages." Nancy continues.

" Any idea who the caller is?"

" Uh, Jessica Evanson is the one who fits the age, but... We can't be sure. So I negotiated interviews with all the children. It wasn't easy." Nancy explains.

" Well, considering their view on outsiders, It would be best if you didn't identify us as F.B.I. Just use our real names, And introduce us as child victim interview experts." Eden nods as she is handing her gun and badge to Spence who puts it in his Briefcase along with his own.

The trio pulls up at a church on a big acreage of land leaving the briefcase in the car. They all pile out of the car and begin looking around as Nancy talks.