Eleven

Chapter Eleven: It's How We Survive,1x22/23 The Fisher King

1x22/23 The Fisher King

*Trigger warning*

Ever since they had their fight. Eden had been trying to distance herself from Derek Morgan, and she was succeeding beautifully until Elle begged her to go with them on their trip to Jamaica. She explained how she didnt want to go to  a beautiful Island alone with Morgan. That she was nervous that she might do something she would regret. Of course after whining and giving her best puppy dog face and also promising to do her case work for the next two cases. She reluctantly agreed. She was excited that the team got to have two weeks of paid vacation time. She was not so happy to be trapped on an Island with Derek Morgan for those two weeks, but who knows maybe she will meet some Island hottie and fall head over heels in love.

Either that or she will get drunk beyond belief and eat really good food for two weeks straight, either one sounds like a good option.

"Morgan, your friend's resort better be as nice as you say it is." Elle says pouring a cup of coffee they  all were in the bullpen.

"Hey, I never said it was his.He just manages the place. But trust me when I tell you it is off the hook.Hot sunny days, cool breezes at night, never-ending tropical drinks with the little umbrellas, and nothing but young, beautiful adults looking to make vacation memories." He explains an arm around Elle's neck.

"Male and female, right?" Elle quips as Eden rolls her eyes. She takes her  coffee mug from her.

"Elle, two  weeks of pure heaven."

"I can't imagine what two weeks away from this place is gonna feel like." Eden smiles daydreaming.

"I'm surprised you wanted to go with us on this trip. You haven't been my biggest fan lately."

"Don't flatter yourself. I was told there would be hot men and tequila. Who could resist that?" Eden sassed earning a chuckle from Elle.

"You better thank your man upstairs for making it the whole team, otherwise you know they'd find a reason to bring us back up here."  Derek says, wrapping an arm around Elle's neck.

"Why? They got other teams."

"You can go on believing that if you want to, but I am not answering my cell phone." Eden explained looking down at her nails.

"Okay."

"Oh, there he is. Pretty boy. Last chance. I can get my man to swing you a hotel room for practically nothing. Even you might get a little lovin 'out there." Derek teases as Eden rolls her eyes.

"Thanks anyway." Reid says, grabbing some tapes off his desk. He smiles at Eden and  she hands him a present wrapped in sunflower wrapping paper.

"Come on, reid. Live a little?" Elle says as Eden rolls her eyes bringing him in for a hug. He smiles again and she kisses his cheek.