Twelve

"Perfect Penny" Chapter Twelve: Coming  Back Home Grey's Anatomy 12x05: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

"Perfect Penny"
Chapter Twelve: Coming  Back Home
Grey's Anatomy 12x05: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

*Trigger warning*

Eden had learned a few things from her friends, but one thing that stuck with her was The carousel keeps turning. Meredith always said that to her everytime something bad came up. Alex Karev, the man who always seems to find Edem when she didnt want him too. But when he called she knew it was bad. She knew the world was slowly turning around the possibilities endless; who died came to mind. The questions would soon be answered. For now, all she knew was that Alex needed her help and she took the first plane up to Seattle.

Eden  knew Derek had died. She  just didn't know the details. Be that as it may,  she didn't realize she'd be walking into purgatory or  the dinner of all dinners. Let's start from the very beginning, shall we?

Seattle, Washington Grey Residence, 7:15 pm

Eden  rang the doorbell, adjusting her hair a little in the stained glass. The only person who knew she was there was Alex and Jo. Alex said she had no choice but to stay at his place. She  couldn't decline even if she wanted to. She  unpacked her bags and spent the whole day with them before they decided to head to Meredith's. She  soon followed in her  rental car. 

When the door opened time itself froze as she took in everything in front of her. Meredith did the same screaming and pulling her sister into the tightest hug. Eden was sure her sister was choking her.  Everyone kept asking if she was okay before she replied by slamming the door.

"I found a stray." She says dragging Eden in behind her, everyone begins engulfing the strawberry blonde in hugs.  

"Where have you been?" Was the most asked question.

"What have you been up to?" April asked.

As Bailey handed Eden the biggest glass of wine. She sat there and told them everything. Every detail. Every feeling, every inkling of what she had become in Virginia. None of them were surprised. She  was always known to be good at anything she put her mind to and of course they were just happy to see her. Derek was just as important to her as Mark was. He was that annoying older brother who knew everything, and you didn't want to admit that he knew everything, but he did.  She truly missed him; every memory, good or bad. She missed the man, alongside the love of her life.   Even dead, he still had her heart.

They  mingled for a while, everyone explaining what was going on in their lives. She  was shocked. So many different stories, so many things had happened since her departure. Eden assumed things would change but she never thought they would turn out this way. Everyone was at each other's throats. She always assumed Callie and Arizona would be in love forever. They had that love that was hard to find. That Eden wanted to bottle up in a jar and spread it around the world. She didn't realize how different they would look. She wondered what would happen if she stayed and never left. Would she have lost my mind? Or pushed through the pain and kept going?  She didn't think she would've stayed a surgeon. Even though she renewed her license before it expired. For what reason? She was still unsure.