Ch.14

-time skip brought to you by subway-

I didn't bring my lunch so I decided I'd grab lunch at subway. I ended up with meatball marinara. Sandwich in hand I make my way to the staff lounge. Deep down im excited to see my raiding buddy.

As I enter the lounge the door creeks. Everyone is minding their own business. I look around the room until I find him. Smiling I approach the table he's sitting at.

"Hey, long time no see. Catch any good raids lately?"

Tsukishima looks up from his lunch and when he sees me he smirks.

"More than you. Did you see what's over us? The raid boss changed."

I tilt my head and hmm "I had no idea, say can I sit here?" I point to the chair across from him.

Tsukishima nods "Sure thing."

I take a seat with a smile.

Tsukishima takes a bite out of his wrap then unlocks his phone.

"It's a level 9. It's right up your alley. Your kind of a noob."

I unwrap my sandwich and take a bite. I send him a slight glare.

I take a bite of my sandwich. "Just because I'm on a lower level doesn't make me a noob." I say with my mouth half full.

Tsukishima smirks "That's exactly what it means actually."

Rolling my eyes I take out my phone.

"Comon I'm just on level 10. What are you on?"

"30." He says with confidence

I open Jurassic World Alive to see a boss ontop of the museum. "Oh its Megalonyx Boss."

"I've already raided all 10 turns, I got the prizes

"I've already raided all 10 turns, I got the prizes. I can keep Raiding with you if you like." Tsukishima takes another bite.

I gape and look at him "you didn't wait for me?"

He shrugs "I had time."

I pout at his answer.

"Seriously?"

Tsukishima looks at me and nods "yeah, tell you what. When we get off work we can battle it out. I'll help you."

I eye him considering his offer "A-All right."

There's a short silence between the two of it before he breaks the silence.

"So what part of America are you from?"

I take a drink of my water.

"I'm from Enid Oklahoma."

His eyes widen "No way, that's where the Kirby's are from in Jurassic park 3. Is there really a Kirby paint and tile plus?"

I laugh "yes that's where their from. And no there's not. There is a west gate shopping center that Their store was at in the movie."

Tsukishima nods "That's cool."

I take another bite and nod.

Glad we are making small talk.

"What's America like?"

I swallow my food and answer him "Well I've only been to Oklahoma and Texas so the surroundings are farmlands. At least to the places I've been."

Tsukishima finishes his wrap "So you lived on a farm growing up?"

I shake my head "A apartment. It was me my mom and Dad and big brother."

Tsukishima wipes his mouth with his napkin.

"So you have a sibling?"

I take a drink then answer "I do, Marco is my big brother. What about you? Any siblings?"

Tsukishima nods "a big brother, Akiteru."

I finish up on my first sandwich. "So your close?"

He smiles "yes now. We didn't used to be. What about you."

I start on my other sandwich. "yeah we are close. He's busy with work a lot though. We don't talk much anymore but I still consider us close."

Tsukishima looks from my sandwich to my face "You sure have a appetite." He takes a sip of his cola.

I giggle with my mouth full, I swallow.

"I could eat another one of these if I had time. Do I not look like I could eat as much?"

Tsukishima rubs the back of his head.
"No, your skinny. You look.. well.."

I raise a brow "I look what?"

Tsukishima looks at me straight in the eye.

"Well, Good."

I feel my cheeks turn hot.

"T-Thank you. S-so do you."

Tsukishima smirks "I know."

I gape at him. He starts to laugh "I'm kidding, I mean to say thanks."

I finish my second sandwich then look at my watch. "Oh man, it's about that time."

Tsukishima starts cleaning up his lunch space. "So we meet in the parking lot after shift?"

I blink twice "huh?"

Tsukishima gives me a really look. "The raid."

I 'o' "Ooh right. Sure thing. Our first raid together. How fun."

"Yeah, look I need to get back on shift and so do you. Catch you later." Tsukishima throws his last trash in the trash can.

I start throwing my trash away too.

"See you then."

I watch as Tsukishima walks out.

Time to get back to work.