home for christmas - part one

Word count: 16,611

.............. i couldn't stop and this is only part one SORRY

also: not too smutty this one. next one will be!

____________________________________

"Is this too risky to wear when you meet your boyfriend's parents for the first time?" Mia mused out loud as she held up a pair of slacks.

Hazel cocked up an eyebrow from her lying down position on the bed, aggressively flipping a page from the gossip magazine she was reading, "Mia, they're pants."

Mia rolled her eyes slightly in the mirror, "Pants can be sexy too. Maybe too sexy?"

"You look superhot in those. Just wear whatever you like?"

"Hazel." Mia groaned, putting the pair of slacks back in her closet before she sat down on the edge of her bed. She felt a little uncomfortable with Hazel wrinkling up her sheets, even if she was about to be gone for a week and she'd have forgotten by the time she returned – it still made her want to make her bed perfectly again.

With Mia's pout playing on her lips, Hazel dropped the magazine and sighed, "Look, maybe go for a dress? It's festive times, isn't it?"

"Yeah, maybe for Christmas eve I could wear a dress? I have that dark orange one, like the rusty colour." She got up and pulled the dress out, a long sleeved rather tight dress that fell down the middle of her thighs. Hazel raised her brows, "That's so cute! Why haven't you ever let me borrow that?!"

Mia smiled, "If you want to, you can. Just not this week."

"Okay, pack that one for Christmas eve, I think that's good. How about what you're wearing later?"

Mia plucked at the end of her brown braid and felt her heart hammering, "T-To meet them?"

"Well, yes, silly." Hazel smiled, pushing herself up on her elbows and fixing her glasses, "For the ride there and for meeting them."

Mia's mouth rounded when she realized she hadn't even thought of that, "Oh."

Hazel snorted, "Come on, let's have another look."

About thirty minutes later, finally all of Mia's outfits had been packed. She had never made her suitcase to go on holiday for a week, especially with so much riding on this. She was going away with Harry for the first time – as a couple. She was meeting his parents, his brother and staying there for an entire week, celebrating the holidays together and – Mia felt like this one was very important – giving each other gifts. Also, she'd see his childhood home.

It was a lot of steps, and Mia felt ready, but also nervous. She wondered what Harry was like in the comfort of his own house, she wondered if he'd resemble either of his parents. She wondered if his parents would find her the right fit for him, if they'd like him, and most of all – she wondered if Harry's brother would like her.

Mia had packed a little suitcase and decided on a casual outfit for today. She wore a jumper with embroidered roses on it which she bought because it reminded her of one of her favourite tattoos of Harry's. She paired it with black skinny jeans and her boots, her hair now up in a bun to keep it out of her face as she packed everything.

"I can't believe you're going to be gone for a week." Hazel pouted as she watched while Mia prepared a little snack for the road. Hazel stood with her arms crossed against the doorpost and Mia smiled softly at her, "I know. I'm going to miss our little home."

"Honestly," Hazel sighed as she stood behind Mia at the counter, softly wrapping her arms around her as her cheek rested against Mia's back, "I'm going to miss you."